Bucket Filler

Wednesday, September 30, 2009


There are 86 days until Christmas.
Did you just have a panic attack?
Sorry.

Last year for one of my bucket fillers, I encouraged everyone to go set up dedicated savings accounts for Christmas. I actually got emails from a couple of you who "bore your testimony" to the truthfulness of doing that.

There is still time for those of you who haven't done it.
(read this as to how and WHY you should do this)
Christmas never changes, and it is not an emergency, so put your Credit Cards away!

Today, go to the bank and set up a dedicated savings account (some banks you can even do this online). Figure out how much money you can afford to put in, but I would encourage you to put $50.00. I promise, you won't miss it. Have your bank automatically deduct it from your account otherwise you won't do it.

You get to pick the mature date, so pick a day towards the end of November that you want your account to mature. Then, by this time next year you will have $1,200 saved for Christmas.

Go do it. NOW!
You will thank me BIG TIME next year. I promise.


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes