Random randomness and then some tunes

Friday, November 13, 2009

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man. - Jack Handy


Someone asked me if I had missed "all this time blogging" how is it I have been able to post every single day? Let me tell you. There is a handy-dandy feature called Post Ahead. If you look at the bottom of the box you are writing your post in, there is a blue, underlined phrase called "post options". Click that and a new box will open up under your post. On the right side of that box is Post date and time. You can change the date to be anything you want... If you change it to the future, then your post will post at the date & time specified.

When I was so sick back at the end of September, beginning of October, I wrote up all the bucket fillers until the end of December and scheduled them to post in the future. I wrote up a bunch of other random posts, and then literally walked away from the computer. It's actually quite liberating.

I love blogging. I love reading blogs. Yet, its so easy to get sucked into the blogging vortex. You know the one I'm talking about, right? The one where you emerge 4 hours later and wonder what the crap happened to all that time? With the kids and me being sick, I just didn't have that kind of luxury.

Besides all that, I think I have totally lost my freaking mind. I am on the Elementary and Junior High School PTA Board. I write the newsletter for the Elementary school and I'm planning a Career Day for 1,000+ JR high students. (wanna come speak? email me. I need 48 presenters)

I'm also planning a wicked awesome event for MMB that I think will rock your world when I announce it.

Then, I teach choir to seventy-five third-sixth grade students every Tuesday and Thursday from 7:30-8:45am. For Free. And, yes. I do drag Moxie, Thing 2 and Thing 3 along with me. (much to Thing 2's horror) Then there are all the other regular mothering & household duties that come with having four children that range in age from teenagers to babies, a dog, a house and a husband.

THEN.

I've been having some personal problems that I have had to deal with, on top of everything else. Isn't that always the way it is? When you are crazy busy, your personal life tends to fall apart? Yeah. That's the story of my life.

So, with all that in mind, I had to make a decision. I've had to walk away from reading blogs for a little while. Just until I can I get back on top of my life that has spiraled totally and completely out of control.

So.

Yes, I have been absent from the blogging world. I know it doesn't look like it, but I have. I am missing you all terribly. I love peeking into your world and seeing the wonderful things you are doing. I have some crazy funny stuff that I am swirling around in my brain for posts as well.

Lets hope life slows down here, and does it soon.

*****
Glee has a soundtrack now you can buy. Did you know that? I have downloaded the entire thing onto my computer. Sadly, I know the harmonies to every single song and I sing a long like the total nerd that I am. I'm a 40-ish woman whose favorite show is a show about a bunch of hormonal, high school misfits that sing everything they are thinking. There's totally nothing wrong with that right? I mean, everyone lives their life in a musical, right?

I really do wish that I could break out into song and dance when I have a point to make... It would make that point so much more effective, don't you think?

*****

Have you seen the new lead singer for Journey? It's this little Asian guy that sounds exactly like Steve Perry. I had to do a double take when I saw who it was singing. That guy has some pipes on him and dude. He sounds just like the old lead singer.

It made me fall in love with that band all over again.

*****
When you sing songs, do you ever get the lyrics wrong? Boy, I do. All the time.

When I was a kid I thought the lyrics to Open Arms by Journey were "I need you Tuesday." not I need you to stay.

The song As I Have Loved You? Yeah. I sang it for YEARS as "by this shalmenno" (which I know is totally not a word). I remember thinking for year, what the crap does shalmeno even mean? It wasn't until I was an adult, teaching the song as a chorister that I realized what the words actually were.

What lyrics have you totally pooched before? Or, am I the only one that has ever done that?

*****
Have a wonderful weekend. I will be chill-axing in my newly finished basement. We get our carpet put in today and a new king sized bed delivered. Boo-yah!

Catch ya on the flip side!




1. Butterflies - Sia
2. Just Like Heaven - The Watson Twins
3. How Am I To Be - The Watson Twins
4. Something Good This Way Comes - Jakob Dylan
5. Over My Head (Cable Car) (live) - The Fray
6. Don't Think I Don't Thing About It - Darius Rucker
7. Somebody To Love - Glee Soundtrack
8. Keep It Loose, Keep It Tight - Amos Lee
9. Halo/Keep Walking On Sunshine - Glee Soundtrack
10. I Gotta Feeling - Black Eyed Peas

Bonus: Don't Stop Believing - Journey


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes