You want it, You got it. (Toyota)

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Wasn't that how that commercial went? Don't blame me, my fingers made me type that...

Anyway, several of you commented that you wanted that recipe for my Nestle Toll House Pie. And, even more of you emailed me for it. Seeing how I don't want to be typing the same thing over and over again-- 20 times over-- I thought I would just post it here.

I never make my own pie crusts. I suck at it, it takes too much time and I have other important things I need to be doing... Like blogging. I always buy the deep dish crust, and depending on how thrifty I am feeling will get either the Marie Calendars deep dish crust or the generic Wal-mart deep dish crust. I like them both, honestly. But, the Marie Calendars one seems to be flakier and it bakes better.

The number one thing you need to know about this pie, is that you can not cheat on it. If you do, it just doesn't taste the same. How do I know? Cause I'm a cheater, and it didn't work out so well with this recipe.

Nestle Toll-house pie

2 eggs, beat until white and foamy
1/2 C Sugar
1 C margarine, melted AND cooled *do not skip the cool down. It ruins the pie. Yes. I speak from experience*
1 C chopped pecans *i usually do 1/2 cup*
1/2 C flour
1/2 C brown sugar
1 C chocolate chips
1 Deep Dish, pre-made crust

Melt butter and set aside to cool. (I usually put it in the freezer. By the time I'm done with the eggs, the butter is nice and cool) Beat eggs until white and foamy. Mix everything else together, folding in the chips and nuts. Pour into a deep-dish pie crust. Bake at 325 for 1 hour. Top with ice cream and hot fudge. (you can re-heat the pie for like 15 seconds per slice. It tastes better hot...)

Enjoy!

This is actually my favorite pie AND I am the only one that likes it in my family. Sweet, eh?


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes