A View from Crazyland

Monday, June 24, 2013

 Thing 1 has had a best friend since she was 5 years old -- they were in the same primary class church and have "played together" (read: teased) each other longer than they haven't. They don't know what their lives would be like without the other, and have become, quite truly, what the term Best Friend really means. They have seen each other at their worst, and their best and have never left each other hanging. Even when one or the other of them is afraid of the dark and wants someone to talk to them on the phone until their mom and dad get home..

*cough*ben*cough
It helps that their mothers are best friends, and constantly in contact. Which, I think, has been a model for them to follow on how to be a true friend.

They saw each other for the first time in eight years this past week and it was absolutely delightful for me to see these childhood friends pick right up where they left off... as true friends mixed in with a little sassy teasing. Ben is leaving the texting, calling world behind for two years so he can go serve a mission for our church. He's been assigned to Ventura California, Spanish speaking and I think Thing 1 is more excited about his call than anyone else. She is beaming with pride that he decided to serve. And, frankly so am I.



 Raspberry Lemon Cheesecake anyone? 

 It's the light at the end of the tunnel. Finally. Maybe.

 This is a Mid-West restaurant and my kids always called it "The Pizza Place That Doesn't Sell Pizza." 

I have no idea why. 

It's a burger joint with killer frozen custard. We were first introduced to this joint when we moved to IL --
 it was next door to our church. Talk about Diet Coke runs made easy. 
We literally had to just walk through the parking lot. 

Yes. I'm going to hell. Care to join me? 

 This is Moxie's favorite haunt. She will ask me almost daily if we can make a run to City Creek and have some chow. Mostly because she LOVES the playground they have in the food court.
 I'm usually game because my favorite store of all time is here. 

I'm seeing another run in my near future. They're having a sale. 


Typically by the time we get to church there aren't any seats available inside, and we find ourselves park on the comfy couches in outer darkness. This past week, we found ourselves there at a decent time and actually sitting in the Telestial Kingdom. Maybe someday we'll actually make it to the Celestial Kingdom.

One can hope, right?

That's a peek at my life via instagram. Gimme a follow and keep up with all the stupid stuff I take pictures of, and now there's even videos. Joy. Rapture.


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes