A Week of Views

Monday, June 10, 2013

Photography has always been something that I have dearly loved. I look at things and see things differently than most people, just because everything I look at has something interesting that you can photograph, some interesting way you can turn it into art.

I used to carry my gigantic DSLR camera around with me everywhere I went, with another littler one in my purse, however, since I started using an iPhone, I have found with each new phone that has come out, I haven't needed all the other cameras as much. Unless I'm wanting to really zoom in on something.

I have five folders of photography apps that I use when I'm fiddling around with my camera, with my most favorite being Instagram. I seriously dig that app. I was using it WAY before everyone else and their dog jumped on board. Back in "the olden days" when there was zero spam and it was full of actual photographs... amazing photographs that move you in ways that only good art can.

Now it has become a trendy brand-pushing, spamming machine and is losing the fun of seeing amazing photographers. And yet I still hang around, perusing what I can find to see if anything moves me to try new things.

I participate in a lot of the daily photography memes (# fmsphotoaday being the most popular) and its fun to see what happens in peoples lives on a daily basis. I am planning on taking these little gems that I am capturing and printing them out on a larger canvas to showcase the year in the lives of Crazyland. 

Here's a view of last week: 



 









  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes