A View of My Life Via Instagram

Monday, June 17, 2013

I'm always getting teased that I take pictures of everything... my feet, my food, the clouds, my people... And, it's true. I do. I've always viewed my life with pictures and music and when I see something beautiful my inner voice actually says "Kodak Moment" and I capture that moment in my minds eye. Now that I have a camera phone that is actually AWESOME, I'm capturing the minutia of my life with photos. In a hundred years my people will be able look through my photos and be able to see my day to day life through my eyes.

Here's what I was seeing this past week.

 My childhood friends and I get together once a week and let our kids play while we chat. In the summer you will find us at the local park where we set up shop for the better part of the day sharing food and laughter. In the winter we have a booth that we have adopted as our own at our local McDonald's and frankly get rather irritated when someone else has the audacity to sit in it.

We  have been friends for over 30 years, and there is comfort in that. It's familiar, known. There's no pretending, because we know who each other has been, and who we currently are. We've seen each other at our very best, and at our very worst. We worked at the same place as teenagers and have a long, torrid history. At various times we have saved each other from ourselves and are always encouraging each other to try a little harder to be a little better.  These old, dear friends of mine are a great source of comfort, wisdom and acceptance. They bring out the very best in me and always encourage me to be my best.
 Women need women. Once you have had that real girlfriend friendship,
you are never willing to go without it again.

 
Just a little selfie from under a picnic table at Lagoon

 Birthday Flowers from one of my dearest friends.
We've been friends since our first semester in College
where we endured Art History together.
They have sat on my desk and cheered me this past week as I worked



Pretty Sweet Sunrise 

 
Thing 3 getting her groove on to One Direction while cruising in the jeep. 
 
The town splash pad. 
We discovered if you get there around 4:00 
no one is there cause they're all packing up and heading home for dinner.

What have you been looking at this past week?  
Follow me on Instagram and let's share! 



  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes