Inspired by Pinterest

Thursday, June 20, 2013

I have been doing a lot of cooking from the pins that I have pinned on Pinterest lately, and I have to say that the most recent dinner made that was inspired by Pinterest was a family favorite. Everyone loved it, including my picky eaters.




I did, however, modify it a bit simply because I didn't have a lot of time to follow each step. I thawed my chicken in the microwave and then instead of cooking it in the pan with oil, I sprinkled each side of the chicken breast with the powder mixture, and then lightly browned each side. I transferred it to a pan that I had lined with tin-foil and then sprayed and I sprinkled Mozzarella cheese all over it. I baked the chicken until it was mostly done. Then I pulled it out, and put the avocado, tomato and more mozzarella cheese on it and baked it until the internal temperature of the chicken was165, and the juices ran clear.

It was simply fantastic and was super fast and easy to prepare. I served it with a Spinach green salad and garlic bread.


Avocado Chicken


Ingredients 
1 teaspoon olive oil
 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
 1 teaspoon lemon juice
 1/2 teaspoon salt
 1/2 teaspoon pepper
 1/2 avocado, sliced
1 tomato, sliced
 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions 
1. Heat oven to 350.
2. Heat oil in a medium skillet. Add chicken to the pan and sprinkle with onion powder, salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned.
3. Transfer chicken to a greased baking dish and top each breast with avocado, tomato and cheese. Drizzle with lemon juice.
 4. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted and chicken is done.


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes