Monday, August 21, 2006


Anyone who knows me knows that I SERIOUSLY love burgers and fries. I love 'em!
It would not bother me one little bit to eat burgers and fries everyday... Infact, I have done that. We used to grill every night in the summertime at our old place. Sometimes we would vary what we had... but usually it was burgers.
We had a smokin' deck.
An awesome pool.
Killer tiki torches.
And shade.
It was quite the place for us to hang.
And hang we did.
We grilled pretty much every night. That was the way it was. It was fun. It was comfortable.
I have said it before, and I will say it again. That is my version of heaven.
The grilling.
The smell of grilling.
The tiki torches.
The pool, and the smell of chlorine.
My kids laughter.
firefly's and cicadas.
Heaven.

But, alas, I digress from the reason of this post.

Jefe and I went out Saturday night. We were discussing our options of various eating establishments when we came upon a place called "The Burger Bar." I had recently read an article in the paper saying that said establishment was going to be closing... This week. I can remember all my guy-buddies in highschool talking about The Burger Bar and how awesome it was. We decided that we didn't want it to close without us ever having experienced The Burger Bar experience.
I had never been there.
Now I know why.
It was SOOOOOO gross.
I couldn't even finish it.
Jefe, who normally eats just about anything, didn't finish his either.
I have often said that you can never burn my burger too much. I like burned. Burned is good.
I do not, however, like them as burned as Burger Bar burns them.
It was totally gross.

However, the fries were good.
Very good.
The fry sauce was nasty!

Note to self: When you see a restaurant that has more flies on the inside than on the outside... Not a good place to eat!!


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes