Monday, August 14, 2006

Today was Steve Martin's birthday.
Did you know that he has written several plays? AND several novels? He is more than just your average comedian. He has been a writer for the New Yorker!
He said: "I believe entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

I KNEW I liked him!
Happy birthday!

The other famous birthday is the author of the poem: "Casey at the bat" Ernest Thayer.
"Oh, somewhere in this favored land the sun is shining bright;
The band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light.
And somewhere men are laughing, and somewhere children shout;
But there is no joy in Mudville -- mighty Casey has struck out."

I remember this poem from the great Disney adaptation... The big ole burley man striking out over and over again... In the pouring rain.

August 14th...Fulll of birthdays of great artists!


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes