Actual Conversation
Saturday, January 31, 2009
Thing 3: Mom, why are all these people outside on our streets?
Me: Well, they are exercising.
T3: What's that?
Me: Well, some of them are jogging. Some of them are walking their dogs, and some of them are riding their bikes. It's when you do things for your body to be healthy. Like running or skiing or walking the dog. That's exercise.
T3: I'm healthy. I dance and ski.
Me: Yes. You are healthy.
(quiet for a few minutes)
T3: Mom? You should exercise too.
Me: You think so, huh?
T3: Yeah. You should. Everyone is doing it but you.
Me: Well, they are exercising.
T3: What's that?
Me: Well, some of them are jogging. Some of them are walking their dogs, and some of them are riding their bikes. It's when you do things for your body to be healthy. Like running or skiing or walking the dog. That's exercise.
T3: I'm healthy. I dance and ski.
Me: Yes. You are healthy.
(quiet for a few minutes)
T3: Mom? You should exercise too.
Me: You think so, huh?
T3: Yeah. You should. Everyone is doing it but you.
Great. Now I am getting peer pressure from my 5 year old.

















