Actual Conversation
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
While out school shopping yesterday, I was an unwilling participant in the following conversation.
Grown Lady 1: Penny! Penny! Look at this! Oh my gosh! Penny!
Grown Lady1: Penny! Isn't this cute! Penny!
GL1: Penny! Look at this! Penny? Look. You're not looking Penny. Look!
Penny (also a grown up): I looked. It's cute.
GL1: Penny! Oh my gosh! This is adorable, Penny. Do you see it? Penny? PENNY?
GL1: Penny! What do you think? Penny! Does this make one outfit or two? Penny? Penny? one or two. Penny! I don't know. Penny? Penny?
Penny: I don't care.
Lady1: Penny! I love this. Don't you love this Penny. Penny? Penny? Where are you Penny?
GL1: Penny! I want to buy this. What do you think, Penny? Penny! Are you listening to me? Penny! Should I buy it?
GL1: PENNY! Why aren't you listening to me? Penny? Should I buy this? Penny? Are you listening to me?
GL 1: I dunno. Penny? Help me Penny. What do you think Penny? Penny. Did you hear me? Penny?
GL1: Penny? Penny. I love this Penny. Did you hear me Penny? Are you even listening to me, Penny? I dunno. I can't make up my mind Penny. Penny? What should I do? Penny! PENNY!
Me: For the love of all that's holy! Penny! Answer her so she will shut! up!
Grown Lady 1: Penny! Penny! Look at this! Oh my gosh! Penny!
Grown Lady1: Penny! Isn't this cute! Penny!
GL1: Penny! Look at this! Penny? Look. You're not looking Penny. Look!
Penny (also a grown up): I looked. It's cute.
GL1: Penny! Oh my gosh! This is adorable, Penny. Do you see it? Penny? PENNY?
GL1: Penny! What do you think? Penny! Does this make one outfit or two? Penny? Penny? one or two. Penny! I don't know. Penny? Penny?
Penny: I don't care.
Lady1: Penny! I love this. Don't you love this Penny. Penny? Penny? Where are you Penny?
GL1: Penny! I want to buy this. What do you think, Penny? Penny! Are you listening to me? Penny! Should I buy it?
GL1: PENNY! Why aren't you listening to me? Penny? Should I buy this? Penny? Are you listening to me?
GL 1: I dunno. Penny? Help me Penny. What do you think Penny? Penny. Did you hear me? Penny?
GL1: Penny? Penny. I love this Penny. Did you hear me Penny? Are you even listening to me, Penny? I dunno. I can't make up my mind Penny. Penny? What should I do? Penny! PENNY!
Me: For the love of all that's holy! Penny! Answer her so she will shut! up!
If I hear the name Penny one more time, I think my eye may start twitching.
Reason # 851 why I hate shopping.
Reason # 851 why I hate shopping.

















