Random randomness and then some tunes
Friday, August 14, 2009
What I look forward to is continued immaturity followed by death. - Dave Barry
Today is my 20 year HS reunion. I'm a class of '89er. My entire high school career can be summed up by saying: big hair, pegged pants, shoulder pads, Love Shack, Days of our Lives and hair bands.
It was, as someone famous once said, the best of times and the worst of times.
Would I do it all over again, like the movie 17Again? I dunno. If I could actually be the smarty-smart smart that I am now, maybe. Would I do things differently? Possibly. I would most definitely NOT be such a freaker about what everyone else was thinking about me (see? I was a narcissist even back then), because they WERE NOT thinking about me. They were too busy thinking about themselves.
Old age is funny like that. It helps you see things clearly.
I am still undecided as to whether or not I am going to go. One minute its a solid "hell no" the next its a "it would make for some good blog fodder if I went. I wonder if so and so is bald and fat like me. Except I'm not bald, only fat."
We will have to see if I loose my mind and attend, and wish I hadn't. Or Not attend, and then loose my mind wishing I had.
*****
I know that you all think you have the best blogging friends in the whole wide world, but I just wanted to let you know that you are wrong. I have the best blogging friends in the whole wide world.
The end.
*****
Did you see the discussion over on the MMB about nylons? NYLONS people. They are just nylons. Who knew that people could be so passionate about articles of clothing that promote yeast infections.
Go check it out, and add your two cents worth.
*****
I have officially hit maximum density. I now not only have a shelf butt, but a maximum density shelf butt. I tried to do the biggest loser. I really did. I just was totally and completely unwilling to cut out eating out.
I love to eat out. Not McYucks eating out, but sit down, look at a menu eat out. I like to eat slow and savor the food, the ambience and the people. Jefe says that if I really like something I am eating, I moan. Moaning like whenyourhavingsex moaning.
Embarrassing? Umm. Yeah. Just a little.
*****
Someone asked me recently how the save the chicken revolution was going...
Sadly, the chickens have been retired to a chicken retreat where they will live out the rest of their days crowing until the sun comes up and pecking each other to death.
HOA's totally suck, yo.
*****
I have asked a bunch of my teen blogging friends to write me up a post for MMB on what its like to be a teen in todays world. How they survive, what makes them strong. The baisc "make the mommy's feel good" kind of post. I got my first submission last night, and let me tell you, I cried like a baby. A BABY. These kids are strong, talented and we sell them short.
I can't wait for you to see how amazing they are.
*****
Remember when I had to give that {sex}talk at church last year? The talk where I told the kids: Boys, keep your boy parts to yourself. Girls, keep your girl parts to yourself. If you don't you'll end up with one of these (holds up Moxie).
Any questions?
(not really)
Yeah. I have to do it again. Only this time? I have to talk for 45 minutes. FORTY-FIVE long minutes to teens I don't know.
Kill me now, please.
(i am begging for suggestions over on the MMB... if you have an opinion, and care to share it, please stop on by...)
*****
Have a happy weekend. I see in my future a fair + nasty fair food = indigestion. What are you doing this weekend?
1. Crash - Dave Matthews Band
2. Shout Out Loud - Amos Lee
3. Plane - Jason Mraz
4. Day Too Soon - Sia
5. Boom Boom Pow - Black Eyed Peas
6. Street Corner Symphony - Rob Thomas
7. Sweetest Thing - U2
8. Alison - Elvis Costello
9. Life Is A Highway - Rascal Flatts
10. I Could Say - Lily White
Bonus: Quelqu ' un M'a Dit - Carla Bruni (500 days of summer soundtrack)
Today is my 20 year HS reunion. I'm a class of '89er. My entire high school career can be summed up by saying: big hair, pegged pants, shoulder pads, Love Shack, Days of our Lives and hair bands.
It was, as someone famous once said, the best of times and the worst of times.
Would I do it all over again, like the movie 17Again? I dunno. If I could actually be the smarty-smart smart that I am now, maybe. Would I do things differently? Possibly. I would most definitely NOT be such a freaker about what everyone else was thinking about me (see? I was a narcissist even back then), because they WERE NOT thinking about me. They were too busy thinking about themselves.
Old age is funny like that. It helps you see things clearly.
I am still undecided as to whether or not I am going to go. One minute its a solid "hell no" the next its a "it would make for some good blog fodder if I went. I wonder if so and so is bald and fat like me. Except I'm not bald, only fat."
We will have to see if I loose my mind and attend, and wish I hadn't. Or Not attend, and then loose my mind wishing I had.
*****
I know that you all think you have the best blogging friends in the whole wide world, but I just wanted to let you know that you are wrong. I have the best blogging friends in the whole wide world.
The end.
*****
Did you see the discussion over on the MMB about nylons? NYLONS people. They are just nylons. Who knew that people could be so passionate about articles of clothing that promote yeast infections.
Go check it out, and add your two cents worth.
*****
I have officially hit maximum density. I now not only have a shelf butt, but a maximum density shelf butt. I tried to do the biggest loser. I really did. I just was totally and completely unwilling to cut out eating out.
I love to eat out. Not McYucks eating out, but sit down, look at a menu eat out. I like to eat slow and savor the food, the ambience and the people. Jefe says that if I really like something I am eating, I moan. Moaning like whenyourhavingsex moaning.
Embarrassing? Umm. Yeah. Just a little.
*****
Someone asked me recently how the save the chicken revolution was going...
Sadly, the chickens have been retired to a chicken retreat where they will live out the rest of their days crowing until the sun comes up and pecking each other to death.
HOA's totally suck, yo.
*****
I have asked a bunch of my teen blogging friends to write me up a post for MMB on what its like to be a teen in todays world. How they survive, what makes them strong. The baisc "make the mommy's feel good" kind of post. I got my first submission last night, and let me tell you, I cried like a baby. A BABY. These kids are strong, talented and we sell them short.
I can't wait for you to see how amazing they are.
*****
Remember when I had to give that {sex}talk at church last year? The talk where I told the kids: Boys, keep your boy parts to yourself. Girls, keep your girl parts to yourself. If you don't you'll end up with one of these (holds up Moxie).
Any questions?
(not really)
Yeah. I have to do it again. Only this time? I have to talk for 45 minutes. FORTY-FIVE long minutes to teens I don't know.
Kill me now, please.
(i am begging for suggestions over on the MMB... if you have an opinion, and care to share it, please stop on by...)
*****
Have a happy weekend. I see in my future a fair + nasty fair food = indigestion. What are you doing this weekend?
Catch ya on the flip side!
1. Crash - Dave Matthews Band
2. Shout Out Loud - Amos Lee
3. Plane - Jason Mraz
4. Day Too Soon - Sia
5. Boom Boom Pow - Black Eyed Peas
6. Street Corner Symphony - Rob Thomas
7. Sweetest Thing - U2
8. Alison - Elvis Costello
9. Life Is A Highway - Rascal Flatts
10. I Could Say - Lily White
Bonus: Quelqu ' un M'a Dit - Carla Bruni (500 days of summer soundtrack)

















