Random randomness and then some tunes
Friday, August 07, 2009
If God dwells inside us like some people say, I sure hope He likes enchiladas, because that's what He's getting. - Jack Handy
I'm a food network junkie. I love pretty much every show on that channel, except for Emeril. His show is boring.
One of my favorites is Diners Drive-ins and Dives. It showcases local restaurants across the country that would be otherwise missed. I sit, watching the show and pretty salivate the entire time.
Can you say un-healthy relationship with food?
Last summer Guy and his hot red convertible came to Utah, and highlighted a couple of my favorites... The Burger Bar and The Red Iguana. I heart The Red Iguana. Their avocado stuffed enchiladas suizas are to die for. TO DIE FOR! And, I almost do every time I eat them. I get a migraine whenever I eat there, but the food is Oh. So. Good.
It's almost worth it.
Almost.
*****

Football season has started again here in Crazyland, and this year Jefe is one of the assistant coaches. Thing 2 is a little stronger and a little braver. We got him some new sports glasses so now the kid can actually SEE while he's playing.
Our life will now consist of football practice two hours a night, four nights a week with a game on Saturdays. For the next 6 weeks we will eat, breathe and sleep football and we love it!
Jefe and his pal were able to put together quite the team. It mostly consists of all the kids in the neighborhood, but the kids in our neighborhood are GOOD. Watching them practice for the first time last night, one would have never known that it was their FIRST PRACTICE. They were running plays and the kids were catching almost everything they were tossing at them.
I suppose it helps that these kids play football almost everyday together... Usually in my backyard. I think these kids have a shot at being city champs.
I just hope thing 2 doesn't get squished too bad.
*****
There are seventeen days until school starts.
Including the weekends.
I'm not excited or anything.
*****
Did you see that wicked dust storm that came through last night? Holy Dirty, Batman! We were coming home from visiting family way up north, and watched the brown giant cloud come wafting across the valley. It was a little apocalyptic looking, if you ask me.
Sitting at football practice last night, the dust was just layering us. It was nasty. I left my garage door open, and I think there is probably over an inch of dirt all over it now. That fine, nasty, traipse it everywhere dirt. Blech.
While the storm was raging, did you happen to see the moon? BLOOD RED. (isn't that a sign of the apocalypse or something?) I tried to get a photo of it... It's not as cool as I remember it.
I think I need a bigger lens. Although, if my lens gets much bigger I won't be able to cart it around without a wheel-barrow and a giant tripod.
Can I just say dust and dirt in your ear from a dirt/dust storm is totally gross?
*****
I used to be a giant news junkie. I would always have CNN or something equivalent on mostly to listen to. However, I haven't watched the news in months and months. I just get irritated and my anxiety shoots through the roof.
"But Motherboard! How will you know what the weather is going to be?" Umm... The Internet, for Google's Sake.
I have on a rather regular basis mocked people who "keep their head in the sand", but I now proudly proclaim that I am one of those people. I like the way the sand feels, and I am happy to keep my head buried there.
thankyouverymuch.
*****
Is it bad that whenever I see an unknown caller, or "solicitor" call coming through, I answer the phone and immediately hang up? I don't even say 'hello'. I just answer and hang up.
You say it's rude? Oh good. That's what I was going for.
*****
Have an awesome weekend. I'm looking for new tunes/artists again... do you have any suggestions?
1. Home - Daughtry
2. Trouble - Coldplay
3. The Remedy(acoustic) - Jason Mraz
4. Wonderland - John Mayer
5. Someones A Cryin' - Chris Issak
6. The Fear - Lily Allen
7. My Wish - Rascal Flatts
8. Someday We'll Know - New Radicals
9. Sleeping To Dream (Live) - Jason Mraz
10. All Summer Long - Kid Rock
Bonus: Here It Goes Again - OK Go
I'm a food network junkie. I love pretty much every show on that channel, except for Emeril. His show is boring.
One of my favorites is Diners Drive-ins and Dives. It showcases local restaurants across the country that would be otherwise missed. I sit, watching the show and pretty salivate the entire time.
Can you say un-healthy relationship with food?
Last summer Guy and his hot red convertible came to Utah, and highlighted a couple of my favorites... The Burger Bar and The Red Iguana. I heart The Red Iguana. Their avocado stuffed enchiladas suizas are to die for. TO DIE FOR! And, I almost do every time I eat them. I get a migraine whenever I eat there, but the food is Oh. So. Good.
It's almost worth it.
Almost.
*****

Football season has started again here in Crazyland, and this year Jefe is one of the assistant coaches. Thing 2 is a little stronger and a little braver. We got him some new sports glasses so now the kid can actually SEE while he's playing.
Our life will now consist of football practice two hours a night, four nights a week with a game on Saturdays. For the next 6 weeks we will eat, breathe and sleep football and we love it!
Jefe and his pal were able to put together quite the team. It mostly consists of all the kids in the neighborhood, but the kids in our neighborhood are GOOD. Watching them practice for the first time last night, one would have never known that it was their FIRST PRACTICE. They were running plays and the kids were catching almost everything they were tossing at them.
I suppose it helps that these kids play football almost everyday together... Usually in my backyard. I think these kids have a shot at being city champs.
I just hope thing 2 doesn't get squished too bad.
*****
There are seventeen days until school starts.
Including the weekends.
I'm not excited or anything.
*****
Sitting at football practice last night, the dust was just layering us. It was nasty. I left my garage door open, and I think there is probably over an inch of dirt all over it now. That fine, nasty, traipse it everywhere dirt. Blech.
While the storm was raging, did you happen to see the moon? BLOOD RED. (isn't that a sign of the apocalypse or something?) I tried to get a photo of it... It's not as cool as I remember it.
I think I need a bigger lens. Although, if my lens gets much bigger I won't be able to cart it around without a wheel-barrow and a giant tripod.
Can I just say dust and dirt in your ear from a dirt/dust storm is totally gross?
*****
I used to be a giant news junkie. I would always have CNN or something equivalent on mostly to listen to. However, I haven't watched the news in months and months. I just get irritated and my anxiety shoots through the roof.
"But Motherboard! How will you know what the weather is going to be?" Umm... The Internet, for Google's Sake.
I have on a rather regular basis mocked people who "keep their head in the sand", but I now proudly proclaim that I am one of those people. I like the way the sand feels, and I am happy to keep my head buried there.
thankyouverymuch.
*****
Is it bad that whenever I see an unknown caller, or "solicitor" call coming through, I answer the phone and immediately hang up? I don't even say 'hello'. I just answer and hang up.
You say it's rude? Oh good. That's what I was going for.
*****
Have an awesome weekend. I'm looking for new tunes/artists again... do you have any suggestions?
Catch ya on the flip side!
1. Home - Daughtry
2. Trouble - Coldplay
3. The Remedy(acoustic) - Jason Mraz
4. Wonderland - John Mayer
5. Someones A Cryin' - Chris Issak
6. The Fear - Lily Allen
7. My Wish - Rascal Flatts
8. Someday We'll Know - New Radicals
9. Sleeping To Dream (Live) - Jason Mraz
10. All Summer Long - Kid Rock
Bonus: Here It Goes Again - OK Go

















