Random randomness and then some tunes

Friday, August 28, 2009

In my sentences I go where no man has gone before...I am a boon to the English language. --George W. Bush


I was rather bored the other day. Actually, I was procrastinating writing up my Fireside that I have to do on Chastity this Sunday. THIS Sunday. Yeah. I haven't even started it yet. (shut up)

I wrote one sentence on my real facebook page, and asked people to add on to the story. So far, here is what they've come up with:

Once there was a Hobo who lived in the dumpster. He road around town on a squeaky, lopsided chair.

Sadly hobo's can't afford cable so he was unable to watch What not to Wear. Because of this he was made fun of by the other hobo's who were dressed to the 9's in the latest hobo styles.

The chair tipped over and he hit his head on the pavement and ended up with a head bleed over at IMC in my unit.

The other hobos then felt bad for teasing him. Bonnie stitched him up. and while she did he watched hospital TV and now he knows how to breastfed correctly but still is driving in the lopsided chair with bad clothes and hospital hair.

But because of his new found education he was able to help a distraught new mother who was struggling with feeding her baby in the park. The mother was so grateful she gave him a coupon for a Big Mac.

However, being the hobo that he is, he hasn't received dental care in quite some time and has no teeth to actually chew the Big Mac.

Thank heavens that distraught mother in the park was married to a dentist who fashioned our lopsided chair driving Hobo a set of new teeth. Only, they were out of wood.

To this predicament, the hobo who used to be a lousy lawyer cried foul and sued the kindly mother in the park and the dentist who fashioned the wooden teeth.

To his utter amazement, he won the lawsuit and got a ridiculously huge amount of money. He took that money and promptly...

Went back to the hospital and donated a large sum of money to Bonnie because she was the best nurse ever. Than she went on a fabulous trip with the hobo and her family. They took the lopsided chair and chrome plated it and had a body lift and a trailer hitch put on so they could tour the country of...

Yemen. However, we had to leave the car with the nice trailer hitch home since you can't drive there. Instead we arranged for a pack of dogs to pull us around in a sled to tour this great country. Funny enough, we ran into...

George W. Who, now that he is unemployed, was pantomiming on the street corner. It was rather ironic as he couldn't stop saying he was using "strategery" to be the best mime in all of...


Care to add on?
(make sure to read the comments, so the story continues to flow...)

*****

It was 7 years ago today that The Professor died. Last year I wrote a post about him, and it truly says everything that I have ever wanted to say. You should go read it, so you too can know The Professor.

He was a bohemian, and fit the definition perfectly. He was a musician, an author, an intellect and he lived a rather unconventional life. And, for the most part I liked it.

Recently, Jefe told me I was a bohemian and I sort of felt my heart swelling with pride. "Awww. The professor would be so proud." And, he would too.

If The Professor could see Jefe, I know his heart would swell with pride. Jefe has done very well with his life. All of his siblings have. Jefe and his sister both have doctorate degrees. Solider brother is almost done with his bachelors and is getting ready for law school. Computer brother is one of the higher ups at State Farm. They are all happy, successful, well adjusted adults. The Professor would be proud.

If The Professor could see Thing 1 and Thing 2 he would be so proud of not only how intelligent they are, but how thoughtful they are as well. Education was extremely important to The Professor, and the two oldest Things are doing well in that department.

If The Professor could meet Thing 3 and Moxie he would fall madly in love. Thing 1 and Thing 2 were the only grandchildren he ever knew... now there are six.

The Professor taught me a lot of things. He taught me to see the beauty in all things. He taught me to think before I speak, and to speak well. He was right when he told me I would fall in love with the Midwest and all of the amazingly beautiful things there are there. I did.

If he hadn't died, I can truthfully say we never would have left the Midwest. We would have stayed there forever. But, death changes your views and your plans. It did ours anyway.

The Professor, Jefe's father, died 7 years ago today and even though I understand "the plan" I still grieve. I feel a hole in my heart when I think about him and I miss him.

*****

Whew. That was heavy. Let's lighten the mood now with a funny story.

I had to go to the ghetto last night (read: Wal-mart), and it was quite the education. We saw an OH-KNATS (In Living Color, anyone?). She was something else, and she was helping her mini-oh-knats pick out school supplies. Me thinks it was a waste of money.

Then, we saw an awesome drug bust go down in the parking lot. There were drug dogs, 5 other coppers and they were totally taking the guys SUV apart. Wow. Who knew you could see such amazing drama in Zion?

Oh but wait. There's more.

While we were pulling out of our parking spot, Thing 1 says: "Wow. There are two chicks in that car next to us making out." I look over and sure enough they weren't just making out, they were making. out.

I think they may have been performing a tonsillectomy on each other.

Thank you Wal-mart for bringing the best of the ghetto to us.

*****
Whenever I get on the computer, Moxie has a ritual she does. She climbs up through the arms of my computer chair (Yes. She sometimes gets stuck too). Then pounds on my back for a while, while babbling in my ear. She then proceeds to climb onto my desk where she will dance for a bit to my music that is always blaring. Once that little routine is over, she'll sit on her "chair". Or in other words, my printer.

Then I pick her up, kiss her and tell her I love her, and lift her high over my head (so she's flying) and put her back on the ground.

We do this over and over all the live long day. It makes for any serious writing to be non-existent. It really drives me insane. She loves to sit right next to me, ON the desk. Singing to the music, leading the music and dancing to the music.

But you know what? I would do it our little dance over and over again if it meant she would stay like this forever.

*****
Today is the last day to enter the MMB August Giveaway. Have you entered? You totally should. There are some amazing sponsors on there this month. Shabby Apple people. Skin Care RX (which I LOVE). Good stuff people. Go enter. Like now.

*****


We have survived the first week of school. Getting back on a schedule has been refreshing. Which totally contradicts my Bohemian lifestyle. But, like Jefe said, Bohemian lifestyles are enchanting, except when you are trying to raise children. Children need schedules and routine. And frankly, so do I. I guess I'm not really a bohemian after all.

Damn.

*****
Do you watch late night TV? I do. I was totally thrilled when Jimmy Fallon took over Conan's spot. Not because I don't like Conan, because I do. But, he's Jimmy Fallon. Then, I realized it was on at the same time as Craig Ferguson. Man, Craig Ferguson is hysterical. He just walks onto the stage, and I immediately start cracking up. His accent makes him adorable, but his sense of humor makes him sexy.

Now I have a quandary as to who I'm going to watch because I think Jimmy is rather hot (and funny) too.

Who is your fav?

*****


Have a great weekend.
Ours will be filled with football games, soccer games and lawn mowing.

Catch ya on the flip side!


1. Supermassive Black Hole - Muse
2. Weekend Wars - MGMT
3. Little Black Sandals - Sia
4. Visit From The Dead Dog - Ed Harcourt
5. Clocks (Live) - Coldplay
6. You're Body Is A Wonderland - John Mayer
7. Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - U2
8. I Taught Myself How To Grow Old - Ryan Adams
9. Hey Girl - O.A.R.
10. How Am I To Be - The Watson Twins

Bonus: Jolene - Ray LaMontagne


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes