Angry Eyes
Friday, January 13, 2006
Friday the 13th.
I should've know today would be jinxed.
It's Friday the 13th.
Usually, I'm not superstious.
But, when I saw the date today, AFTER THE FACT...
Well, maybe I will change my mind.
Why you ask?
Come with me, and I will take you on a wild ride.
I went to the local grocery store - Bowmans.
You know the one where Hombre and I met.
I just wanted to get a soda, and some baby food for Anonymous Baby nephew.
While I was putting Thing 3 into the firetruck shopping cart, I ran into a guy that I have known since ELEMENTARY school.
We have been friends for years and years.
I hadn't seen him in over 10 years... so of course we had a lot of catching up to do.
We started visiting.
And talking.
And laughing.
And talking some more.
Thing 3 was being so patient.
She took Anonymous Friends little boy, and showed him the candy isle.
She was so kind, and kept bringing the little boy candy.
We kept talking.
And laughing.
And talking.
An hour goes by, all the while we are talking in the entryway of the grocery store-- getting all caught up on everything.
I look for Thing 3 and Little boy, and see them in the candy isle.
I had been wondering why the cashiers had been giving me the evil eye...
I should've known.
It was Thing 3.
She and Anonymous Little Boy had gotten the little shopping carts for the little people, and COMPLETELY, and I do mean COMPLETELY emptied the candy isle. All the candy bars, gum, laffy taffys, M&M's... everything were in each of their carts.
Full to the brim.
Of candy!
I about died.
Anonymous friend started laughing at me when Thing 3 promptly threw herself on the floor, kicked her shoes off, and started screaming :"My candy! My candy!"
I pushed the 2 shopping carts over to the candy isle, apologized profusely.
Cashier lady only glared.
Then I ran for the door faster than an 7-16!!
Anonymous Friend hollers behind me: "Fun to see you again M.M. AND Good luck with THAT!" nodding to my out of control toddler.
It's my fault.
I should've been paying better attention.
I don't think I can go into Bowmans again, not for a while anyway.
At least not until the angry eyed cashier forgets what we look like!
I should've know today would be jinxed.
It's Friday the 13th.
Usually, I'm not superstious.
But, when I saw the date today, AFTER THE FACT...
Well, maybe I will change my mind.
Why you ask?
Come with me, and I will take you on a wild ride.
I went to the local grocery store - Bowmans.
You know the one where Hombre and I met.
I just wanted to get a soda, and some baby food for Anonymous Baby nephew.
While I was putting Thing 3 into the firetruck shopping cart, I ran into a guy that I have known since ELEMENTARY school.
We have been friends for years and years.
I hadn't seen him in over 10 years... so of course we had a lot of catching up to do.
We started visiting.
And talking.
And laughing.
And talking some more.
Thing 3 was being so patient.
She took Anonymous Friends little boy, and showed him the candy isle.
She was so kind, and kept bringing the little boy candy.
We kept talking.
And laughing.
And talking.
An hour goes by, all the while we are talking in the entryway of the grocery store-- getting all caught up on everything.
I look for Thing 3 and Little boy, and see them in the candy isle.
I had been wondering why the cashiers had been giving me the evil eye...
I should've known.
It was Thing 3.
She and Anonymous Little Boy had gotten the little shopping carts for the little people, and COMPLETELY, and I do mean COMPLETELY emptied the candy isle. All the candy bars, gum, laffy taffys, M&M's... everything were in each of their carts.
Full to the brim.
Of candy!
I about died.
Anonymous friend started laughing at me when Thing 3 promptly threw herself on the floor, kicked her shoes off, and started screaming :"My candy! My candy!"
I pushed the 2 shopping carts over to the candy isle, apologized profusely.
Cashier lady only glared.
Then I ran for the door faster than an 7-16!!
Anonymous Friend hollers behind me: "Fun to see you again M.M. AND Good luck with THAT!" nodding to my out of control toddler.
It's my fault.
I should've been paying better attention.
I don't think I can go into Bowmans again, not for a while anyway.
At least not until the angry eyed cashier forgets what we look like!

















