My Theory
Monday, January 30, 2006
I have a theory.
It is the only thing that I can come up with to explain the weird phenomenon that I am experiencing.
I spend all day, almost everyday doing laundry.
It drives me insane.
All of you that know my "dirty little secret", know that I HATE HATE HATE doing laundry.
I dunno why.
I just do.
My old house had the best laundry room. It was really big, and in the basement--easily forgotten. I had a great rec. room off the laundry room that had a lovely couch that I told everyone that its purpose was to hold the clean laundry.
I just hate doing laundry.
It used to be the source of a lot of fights between Hombre and I. He is the neat freak in our relationship. He hates the way I DON'T do laundry.
So, we came up with an agreement.
He does his own, I do everyone else's.
It works for us.
At the new house, the laundry room is at the top of the stairs-- visible to anyone who comes to the house for a visit. I don't know what I was smoking when I thought that was a good idea. I like the idea of the laundry room being upstairs... I hated carting the laundry down 4 flights of stairs! But, in this house, I have to actually keep the laundry done.
Which brings me back to my theory.
Just when I get the laundry done, and off the floor. I will come back from putting it all away, and there will be more laundry that has shown up.
I swear!
It's true.
How is this possible?
Well, here's what I think:
The only way I can explain it is that I have gnomes living in my house. When they sense that there is no more laundry on the floor, they throw more laundry up from where they have been living...Underneath the laundry room floor.
I just wish they would quit tormenting me, and give me all the matches to the socks.
I have gnomes. I wonder how you de-gnome a house.
It is the only thing that I can come up with to explain the weird phenomenon that I am experiencing.
I spend all day, almost everyday doing laundry.
It drives me insane.
All of you that know my "dirty little secret", know that I HATE HATE HATE doing laundry.
I dunno why.
I just do.
My old house had the best laundry room. It was really big, and in the basement--easily forgotten. I had a great rec. room off the laundry room that had a lovely couch that I told everyone that its purpose was to hold the clean laundry.
I just hate doing laundry.
It used to be the source of a lot of fights between Hombre and I. He is the neat freak in our relationship. He hates the way I DON'T do laundry.
So, we came up with an agreement.
He does his own, I do everyone else's.
It works for us.
At the new house, the laundry room is at the top of the stairs-- visible to anyone who comes to the house for a visit. I don't know what I was smoking when I thought that was a good idea. I like the idea of the laundry room being upstairs... I hated carting the laundry down 4 flights of stairs! But, in this house, I have to actually keep the laundry done.
Which brings me back to my theory.
Just when I get the laundry done, and off the floor. I will come back from putting it all away, and there will be more laundry that has shown up.
I swear!
It's true.
How is this possible?
Well, here's what I think:
The only way I can explain it is that I have gnomes living in my house. When they sense that there is no more laundry on the floor, they throw more laundry up from where they have been living...Underneath the laundry room floor.
I just wish they would quit tormenting me, and give me all the matches to the socks.
I have gnomes. I wonder how you de-gnome a house.

















