Snowed In
Saturday, January 28, 2006

It snowed today.
A LOT!!!
They were predicting around 2-4 inches--just today.
I think it was more, but what do I know?!
It has now snowed for 2 days straight.
I forgot how pretty it is here when it snows.
In Illinois, the snow would come in sideways, with a bellowing wind.
Here, it just sort of floats down, all fluffy like.
This photo was taken up at This is the Place Park. I used to live just down the street from this park. I walked there once, and I emphasize the ONCE point.... It was a long time ago. Thing 1 thought it was great fun... She was the age that Thing 3 is now. It seems like eons ago. Time is going much much too fast!
Click HERE if you want to see what the valley looks like. It's a webcam set up in the mountains to view the SLC valley--- it's breath taking!
The Things were all mad at me this afternoon. Hombre was at the University studying for the bar, so I decided that I would take them to a movie and dinner. They wanted McDee's-- for the playland. We got all ready, and bundled up all warm, only to discover that Mountain mamma's van had a dead battery. With the way the Things were carrying on, you would've thought that I had maliciously planned to have the van's battery die-- just so that I could torture them. Sheesh.
Thing 1 had enormous crocodile tears.
She said I promised to take them to dinner, and a movie, and now I was breaking my promise.
Uh.
Ok.
I guess we can walk.
Thing 3 was trying to be helpful, and told the big Things to get their bikes, that we could ride our bikes to Happy Meal.
Never mind that Thing 3 doesn't know how to ride a bike...
Never mind the snow storm.
Or the fact that McDee's is far far away.
Or that it's cold outside.
And snowing.
Silly little things!
Hombre came to their rescue.
He rented them movies and brought them pizza.
What a good Dad!

















