Soundtrack Sunday
Sunday, June 08, 2008
I was sitting here, working diligently on my Soundtrack Sunday, when I saw my sister, islandmom, had put up her Soundtrack. I love to read what my sisters write, because sometimes they are stories I have not heard before. That's the whole purpose of Soundtrack Sunday... and blogs really. But, that is another post, for another time.
Islandmoms Soundtrack Sunday is one of the most beautiful things I have read lately. I know this story. I remember when she first posted this Layout ... And I remember that I cried the ugly cry... finally for her. She has an amazing gift with photos, and scrapbooking that is remarkable. She takes better photos of her kids than anyone I know. She can put things together in ways, that for me, resemble art.
So, I tossed my Soundtrack Sunday for this week. Islandmom's is too beautiful to go unnoticed. Go read hers. And, make sure you have a box of Kleenex handy. You'll need it. I'm still crying over here in Crazyland.
To Islandmom: You inspire me. The way you handled your trial was/is remarkable. I was amazed at how you both kept pushing forward... never asking to be released from your callings (you both had stake callings, no?!) You taught me what it means to really turn to the Lord. You also taught me that in the final analysis, it doesn't matter who was right. It's not about that at all. Most things are NOT worth arguing about... I learned that from watching You and Mr. Beans. When you blessed A.S. I remember thinking I had never seen 2 people more at peace than what I saw in you two. It was inspiring. I felt the spirit so strong around you both, and you could see the peace in both your eyes. You know where you both are going... and you are OK with it. You and your family are remarkable. I love you, and I am so glad you're not only my sister... but my friend. You are wise beyond your years, dear sister. And I love you for that!
Islandmoms Soundtrack Sunday is one of the most beautiful things I have read lately. I know this story. I remember when she first posted this Layout ... And I remember that I cried the ugly cry... finally for her. She has an amazing gift with photos, and scrapbooking that is remarkable. She takes better photos of her kids than anyone I know. She can put things together in ways, that for me, resemble art.
So, I tossed my Soundtrack Sunday for this week. Islandmom's is too beautiful to go unnoticed. Go read hers. And, make sure you have a box of Kleenex handy. You'll need it. I'm still crying over here in Crazyland.
To Islandmom: You inspire me. The way you handled your trial was/is remarkable. I was amazed at how you both kept pushing forward... never asking to be released from your callings (you both had stake callings, no?!) You taught me what it means to really turn to the Lord. You also taught me that in the final analysis, it doesn't matter who was right. It's not about that at all. Most things are NOT worth arguing about... I learned that from watching You and Mr. Beans. When you blessed A.S. I remember thinking I had never seen 2 people more at peace than what I saw in you two. It was inspiring. I felt the spirit so strong around you both, and you could see the peace in both your eyes. You know where you both are going... and you are OK with it. You and your family are remarkable. I love you, and I am so glad you're not only my sister... but my friend. You are wise beyond your years, dear sister. And I love you for that!

















