Sunday, September 03, 2006

I want to get a bike like this.
But, I don't want to ride it.
I want to paint it some absurd color like purple.
Or maybe Red.
Or Magenta...
Then I want to put a basket on the front, and plant flowers in it.
They had bikes like this all over my favorite city in Illinois that my Mom and I liked to go shopping in-- Geneva.
It was a fantastic town... But they called themselves a Village.
I love that.
Jefe used to catch the train in here for his trek into Chicago.
Our first summer there, I was large with child, and he didn't want me to not have the car. So I drove him to the train station every morning. We would leave the apartment at 7:00am, and by 7:15-- half way there-- I would start crying. And I would then cry all the way back to our apartment. It was soo scary to be all alone in this new state. I knew not one soul... Just Jefe... And he was 2 hours away. I look back on it now, and it seems so silly. I really learned how to become independent. I learned that it's ok for me to be alone, and be comfortable with that. I learned how to REALLY navigate. I became quite the explorer. I knew where every road went, because I had driven them, all of them... Trying figure out where everything was.
It was probably not the smartest thing I ever did... We had a lease and ended up going WAAAYYY over our mileage... But it was worth it. At least I think so. That whole experience taught me so many things. I had been such a chicken up to that point. I hated to go do things by myself. But, Jefe being so far away... I had to. I had to figure out how to do EVERYTHING.
By myself.
It was soo good for me.
I don't really know why I have gotten off on this tangent... Other than I want a bike in my yard to remind me of Geneva.
And, just maybe, how far we really have come.
In every sense!


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes