Tuesday, September 12, 2006


So I decided to try coupon shopping. My sisters have been raving about how much money they have been saving...
So I thought what the heck. I might as well give it a shot.
I have to admit that I was hugely skeptical about "the savings" compared to the WORK that would be involved.
But, I have to admit that it was relatively painless. I clipped coupons... Dozens of them.
From my 2 Sunday papers (that I got for a huge deal--$15 for the entire year!) and several coupon websites.
Then I got the ad from Albertson's Box Top Event... Where everything was 10/$10. I figured out how many coupons I had for everything on sale, then made sure that I had groups of 10.
I bought...
AHEM...
20 boxes of cereal...
I spent $10.30
AND I saved $50.80
Not bad.
Not bad at all.
I had to get rainchecks on the remaining items... So now I can't wait until I can see what the rest of my purchases will be.
It really was exciting.
If it hadn't been 11pm... I would've been on the phone sharing my great savings with everyone!!

I get it now!
You were right, Anonymous Baby Sister!
You were right!


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes