Sitemeter screws with my mojo and sends me into la la land...Or in other words, My Ode to imaginary friends minus the lyrical singing
Monday, September 15, 2008

Do you use sitemeter? I do. I like to see who is coming over to my place to visit. I was really irritated on Sunday when they did their little "migration" (which, apparently went horribly wrong). They got all jiggy with it, and made it near impossible for me to see who was visiting me.
After cursing it quite a bit, I went off to church. Every time Jefe would ask me a question at church, I always answered it with some version of "I can't believe they messed with my mojo. How am I going to know which one of my friends is checking in?"
I think he was puzzled. How, if you have never met these people, can you call them friends? But, you see, that's the beauty of this whole blogging deal. I do feel like I know you... even though we may have never met. I have read your stories. I have felt your sorrows with you, and rejoiced with you in your triumphs.
When I look at my sitemeter, I find myself saying to myself: "She came to visit me today? I wonder how her Dad is doing... "And, " She came to visit too. I wonder if her husbands trip was successful..." or "Oh. I love it when she comes to play! She says the best things..." or "I hope her song went OK today. That would be so hard to deal with..." or "Oh. She came to see me... did she survive the hurricane?". (yes. thank heavens!)
I think about you all. You really are my imaginary friends.
Like when I see that She has come to visit, I wonder how her trip to D.C. went. Or when She comes to visit I find myself wondering how the pregnancy is going... and hoping she's done being sick soon. I see that She came over, in between her classes... how are those classes, btw? Then I shudder, because cadavers? Really? eww. Then I think about her. How is that boy of yours? Have you smacked him silly yet?
Then I see that She came to visit, and wonder how her scrapbook for her friend is coming... and how her cousin, Frumpy is. Oh. She came over to play today. How are those cute boys? I wonder if she's made a decision yet... Yea. She came to visit... I wonder how the wedding plans are going... Has anyone be killed yet? ;P
And, many many more. I see you, my imaginary friends. I think about you. And, I'm thankful to sneak little peeks into your lives. Thank you for sharing your stories with me.
The thoughts of sitemeter messing up my little mojo regimen was maddening. Jefe thought it was great... because they were no longer enabling me. However, they did come to their senses. Everything is back to normal, and I can see you coming over to my place to play. I am so glad you are here!

















