You're fiiiii-eerrrrrrrrrr-ddddd!!

Friday, September 05, 2008

I fired my Pediatrician recently. I'll be honest, I usually just take what my Doctors say at face value, simply because they went to Med school, and well. I didn't.However, at my recent Moxie visit I had enough.

Let me first explain that I have chosen to vaccinate Moxie on an alternate vaccination schedule. I still get her vaccinations... I just do not do 4-5 at a time. I spread them out, and go to the Doctor on a monthly basis. I also delay the MMR shots until they are older, and I have those given solo.

My Doctor has found it necessary to lecture me every single time I have come in on why what I am doing is... well. Shall we say, silly?! I have been willing to sit through these lectures because, well, he came highly recommended to me. I really wanted to like this Dr. I really did.

However, on my last visit the Doctor was telling me that Moxie wasn't gaining weight as fast as he thought she should. (Ho-boy. here comes the Crazylady)

Then, he told me that because I have 4 children I am probably really busy, right? I agreed that Yes. I was quite busy. Then he said, Well. I think she's not gaining weight because you are so busy, and are forgetting to feed her.

**ska-reeeeeech**

*crickets chirpping**

What? What did you say? (the Crazylady is rattling her cage big time now)

I think you are forgetting to feed your baby. That is why she is not gaining weight as fast as I would like to see.

Oh. I see. Huh.

It probably isn't because she has the metabolism of her oldest sister, and is going to only weigh 19 pounds at 1 year, right? Or, that genetically, her mother USED to be a skinny minny and couldn't put on weight if you bribed her?
And, the fact that she is hitting all her developmental milestones is irrelevant, right?!

Riiiight.

Well, You got me. Actually, she isn't gaining weight because, at our house, we like to start our girls out with eating disorders at a young age.
Like birth.

Moron.


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes