"We could be a (weird) happy family..."
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Ever since I posted about my secret, one-sided love affair with Bono, I have been listening to him non-stop. I watched all of the video's that youtube had to offer. Clearly, I need to get a life. But, I just can't seem to help myself.
Must. Watch. More. Bono.
Really, I just want to watch more U2. I love them all. If it weren't for the huge ICK factor, I would marry them all. We could be a happy little U2 family. All 5 of us... Bono, The Edge, Larry , Adam and me. One big happy, whacked out family.
When I ran across these two videos, I fell even more in love with this band. I've been a crazy, whack-a-doo fan since I first heard them-- in the early 80's. I remember watching Sunday Bloody Sunday on MTV. When I wasn't supposed to watch MTV. I was supposed to be in bed. But, I would sneak out and watch the British videos that came on late at night. I was in love then... and the sickness has just gotten worse over these last 20 some odd years.
I have watched these two videos over and over. They really are awesome if you watch them back to back. Thing 3 and I have sat here for 30 minutes or more... watching them and giggling like little school girls.
I have decided that if that girl in the first video were me-- Good-freaking-grief!-- I would pee my pants! Then, after the concert was over I would need to immediately get hit by a bus.
Why?
Because then I would die having lived out my life long dream of being snugged by Bono... Kissed by Bono... and Slow dancing with Bono.
Sweet Mother of Martha!
Must. Watch. More. Bono.
Really, I just want to watch more U2. I love them all. If it weren't for the huge ICK factor, I would marry them all. We could be a happy little U2 family. All 5 of us... Bono, The Edge, Larry , Adam and me. One big happy, whacked out family.
When I ran across these two videos, I fell even more in love with this band. I've been a crazy, whack-a-doo fan since I first heard them-- in the early 80's. I remember watching Sunday Bloody Sunday on MTV. When I wasn't supposed to watch MTV. I was supposed to be in bed. But, I would sneak out and watch the British videos that came on late at night. I was in love then... and the sickness has just gotten worse over these last 20 some odd years.
I have watched these two videos over and over. They really are awesome if you watch them back to back. Thing 3 and I have sat here for 30 minutes or more... watching them and giggling like little school girls.
I have decided that if that girl in the first video were me-- Good-freaking-grief!-- I would pee my pants! Then, after the concert was over I would need to immediately get hit by a bus.
Why?
Because then I would die having lived out my life long dream of being snugged by Bono... Kissed by Bono... and Slow dancing with Bono.
Sweet Mother of Martha!
What would you do?

















