A Funeral and A Giveaway

Monday, May 11, 2009

Thanks Google pics

I went to a funeral this weekend. It was rather uneventful. At first, when the death was announced, I did not know what to do... I cried buckets... there may have actually been some wailing and gnashing of teeth. If you heard loud banging noises, it was me. Banging my head against the wall. Who died? Oh. Well. No one of real importance. Just my FREAKING COMPUTER. Nothing important, like my life line to the outside world or anything. (said dripping with extreme sarcasm)

In order to check my email, just CHECK IT and not write it, would take no less than 30 minutes. Then if I wanted to write an email... well. There was a certain dance I had to perform and the dance got even more complicated when I would decide to blog something. Lets face it. I'm out of shape, so dancing all damn day long is not something I want to do. No matter how awesome the music is.

I swear that Satan himself had possessed my computer. He was sitting in there, inside the monitor, running a muck with my life... laughing and taunting me. Jefe was completely uninterested in the whole computer issues until he had to work on it...

Then, I had a computer by Friday. Funny how that works, huh?

Actually, it was my Mothers Day present. Dang good Mother's Day present, wouldn't you say? To be back in the land of the living is wonderful. I can actually write a blog post and not have to stand on one foot, with the other one raise above my head, while shaking my bon-bon and flapping my left upper arm fat like a bird. Sometimes I had to throw the hokey-poky in to boot. I'm sure it was rather entertaining to watch, but add trying to write something on top of all that and its just plain ridiculous. Too many hoops. Thus my absence from blog land.

*****

This weekend, after Jefe got my new computer up and running, I checked all my emails. HOLY FREAKING EMAIL, Batman. I had more email than I could ever hope to answer. But, the best email of all? One from Marvin Goldstein. Yes. That Marvin Goldstein. The Marvin Goldstein that has major record deals and has been performing for 50 years, and is hugely FAMOUS? Yeah. That one.

He had an article for the MMB he wanted us to run and 2 concert tickets for one of my lucky readers. I nearly peed my pants. I called all my family members to tell them, and they were unenthusiastic (all except ima10cow). (pretend your excited, won't you?? Please?) You should go enter to win those suckers. It is going to be a huge concert event-- with major recording artists and movie stars. (Kenneth Cope, Kirby Heyborne... Hubba Hubba. He's hot!)

I'm sort of freaking out over the whole thing, because what if no one enters the contest to win concert tickets?? Oh for Pete's Sake. Don't make me beg. Please go enter. Even if you live in China (which someone who reads my blog does...) I don't want to look like a big giant dummy.


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes