Random Randomness and then some tunes
Friday, May 15, 2009
“My young son asked me what happens after we die. I told him we get buried under a bunch of dirt and worms eat our bodies. I guess I should have told him the truth - that most of us go to Hell and burn eternally - but I didn't want to upset him.” - Jack Handy
Did you watch Greys Anatomy last night? YOWZA'S! I can not believe that ending! Good Grief! It was right up there with the LOST finale!
*****

Yesterday, I looked out my window and what did I see? (you're welcome. you will now be singing that all the live long day!) Jefe and his pal riding down the street on a child's motorcycle. They looked a little like this, complete with the teeth chattering... just like in the movie. When I finally caught on to what they were doing, they decided to call it quits. You will have to trust me when I tell you that it was one of the funnier things I have seen all week long!
*****
Once, I was on an important phone call with my Stake President. I was the Stake Primary President, and we were discussing some very serious problems. While we were discussing the important issues, I was watching a squirrel out my front window.
What you need to know is that in Illinois, Squirrels are as common as house flies are in Utah. They are every where. We had one that lived in our big maple tree, and my kids called him "Squirrely". Quite original, eh?
Anyway. It was fall, and this squirrel was ransacking my neighbors garden. It was running back and forth grabbing, digging, and burying. I was able to concentrate quite easily until this squirrel decided to try and bury an entire corn cob. That was bigger that it was.
I watched, with great interest, this squirrel push and pull this giant corn cob. I blurted out "Holy Cow! Look at that squirrel! That corn cob is bigger than it!"
Crickets Chirping.
My Stake President burst out laughing and said "Sister Motherboard. I can't see that squirrel. But I'll take your word for it!" And then he laughed and snorted at me. It's just a dang good thing he had a sense of humor.
*****
I hate to go shopping. Any kind. (gasp!) I know. Should I hand over my chick card now or after I admit the fact that I really don't like Jane Austen? Or any other of those gaggy books.
You want it now? Bummer.
I had someone once leave me a comment, after I admitted the fact that I really didn't like those books, that I had to hand over my chick card and get a dude card.
Sigh.
Sadly, they are right.
I hate shopping. (no chick card for you) I hate Jane Austen (no chick card for you) I hate love stories (no chick card for you) and Chick flicks make me gag (no chick card for you).
Yeah. I guess I do need a dude card.
*****
Pretty much on a weekly basis, I hear from Thing 1 about how much she hates science. "Its dumb, Mom. It's boring, Mom. I hate science Mom." If that is the case, then will someone please explain to me how, for the love of all things holy, did she score above a 300 on the end of level testing? She is in the 99% percentile in the nation. NATION people. Only 1% of the nation is smarter than her. Good freakin' grief.
She and her friend designed a new roller coaster for her science class. They got picked to represent the school at the local amusement park tomorrow. She named hers after some scary shark species. Apparently, its quite cool. She LOVED doing this, and was even thinking about it as a career. She was, that is, until I pointed out that it was science.
Bad Mommy.
*****
Do you ever look through your spam email? Oh my stars. I get the most ridiculous spam email around. At Christmas time, I kept getting Spam from Santa Claus. Yes that Santa Claus. For the love! He wanted me to send him my kids names and $29.99 and he would write a letter to them. Ummm. Yeah. Wuh?
What kind of dumb spam do you get?
*****
There are some GREAT movies coming out this weekend! I'm thinking I'm going to be attending a couple. Sans Children!
What are you doing?
Send me some new artists to listen to. I have Pandora, but it bores me. Who are your favorite artists or songs?
1. Vultures - John Mayer
2. Capri - Colbie Caillat
3. One - U2
4. Sleeping To Dream (Live) - Jason Mraz
5. Besame Mucho - Chris Isaak
6. Over My Head - The Fray
7. Careless - Amos Lee
8. Let It Die - Foo Fighters
9. What Do Ya Think About That - Montgomery Gentry
10. Southern Girl - Amos Lee
Bonus: Yellow - Coldplay
Did you watch Greys Anatomy last night? YOWZA'S! I can not believe that ending! Good Grief! It was right up there with the LOST finale!
*****

Yesterday, I looked out my window and what did I see? (you're welcome. you will now be singing that all the live long day!) Jefe and his pal riding down the street on a child's motorcycle. They looked a little like this, complete with the teeth chattering... just like in the movie. When I finally caught on to what they were doing, they decided to call it quits. You will have to trust me when I tell you that it was one of the funnier things I have seen all week long!
*****
Once, I was on an important phone call with my Stake President. I was the Stake Primary President, and we were discussing some very serious problems. While we were discussing the important issues, I was watching a squirrel out my front window.
What you need to know is that in Illinois, Squirrels are as common as house flies are in Utah. They are every where. We had one that lived in our big maple tree, and my kids called him "Squirrely". Quite original, eh?
Anyway. It was fall, and this squirrel was ransacking my neighbors garden. It was running back and forth grabbing, digging, and burying. I was able to concentrate quite easily until this squirrel decided to try and bury an entire corn cob. That was bigger that it was.
I watched, with great interest, this squirrel push and pull this giant corn cob. I blurted out "Holy Cow! Look at that squirrel! That corn cob is bigger than it!"
Crickets Chirping.
My Stake President burst out laughing and said "Sister Motherboard. I can't see that squirrel. But I'll take your word for it!" And then he laughed and snorted at me. It's just a dang good thing he had a sense of humor.
*****
I hate to go shopping. Any kind. (gasp!) I know. Should I hand over my chick card now or after I admit the fact that I really don't like Jane Austen? Or any other of those gaggy books.
You want it now? Bummer.
I had someone once leave me a comment, after I admitted the fact that I really didn't like those books, that I had to hand over my chick card and get a dude card.
Sigh.
Sadly, they are right.
I hate shopping. (no chick card for you) I hate Jane Austen (no chick card for you) I hate love stories (no chick card for you) and Chick flicks make me gag (no chick card for you).
Yeah. I guess I do need a dude card.
*****
Pretty much on a weekly basis, I hear from Thing 1 about how much she hates science. "Its dumb, Mom. It's boring, Mom. I hate science Mom." If that is the case, then will someone please explain to me how, for the love of all things holy, did she score above a 300 on the end of level testing? She is in the 99% percentile in the nation. NATION people. Only 1% of the nation is smarter than her. Good freakin' grief.
She and her friend designed a new roller coaster for her science class. They got picked to represent the school at the local amusement park tomorrow. She named hers after some scary shark species. Apparently, its quite cool. She LOVED doing this, and was even thinking about it as a career. She was, that is, until I pointed out that it was science.
Bad Mommy.
*****
Do you ever look through your spam email? Oh my stars. I get the most ridiculous spam email around. At Christmas time, I kept getting Spam from Santa Claus. Yes that Santa Claus. For the love! He wanted me to send him my kids names and $29.99 and he would write a letter to them. Ummm. Yeah. Wuh?
What kind of dumb spam do you get?
*****
There are some GREAT movies coming out this weekend! I'm thinking I'm going to be attending a couple. Sans Children!
What are you doing?
Send me some new artists to listen to. I have Pandora, but it bores me. Who are your favorite artists or songs?
Catch ya on the flip side!
1. Vultures - John Mayer
2. Capri - Colbie Caillat
3. One - U2
4. Sleeping To Dream (Live) - Jason Mraz
5. Besame Mucho - Chris Isaak
6. Over My Head - The Fray
7. Careless - Amos Lee
8. Let It Die - Foo Fighters
9. What Do Ya Think About That - Montgomery Gentry
10. Southern Girl - Amos Lee
Bonus: Yellow - Coldplay

















