10, 20 & 30
Tuesday, January 08, 2008
What were you doing 10, 2o & 30 years ago?
Well... Me?
10 years ago was January 1998... I had a 1 month old baby boy and it was FREAKING cold in Chicago! Jefe was in his 2nd semester of Law School, and on New Years Day that year there had been a blizzard to end all blizzards! Apparently the worst snow storm they had - had in like 15 years. They called it a BLACK 10. We thought that was funny, and hurried to the store, and the shelves looked like the locusts had landed in Wal-Mart and eaten everything. It ended up being a REALLY bad snow storm... we couldn't get out our front door the snow had piled up against it! Jefe's dad called us up to tell us to make sure went and got some supplies and then we were told to "hunker down 'cause this is a doosey!" I had never heard the word "Hunker down" before, and it has since become my favorite! We still use that word, and snicker when we remember Jefe's father.
20 years ago January 1988... I was in my Junior year in High School, and I was 16. I had Geometry and I HATED IT!! My parents took us to Jackson Hole Skiing sometime during this month, and it was a total BLAST!
30 years ago January 1978... I was 6 (turning 7 in the summer) years old and in the first grade. My first grade teacher was REALLY mean. I hated going to school, and I hated her 'cause I was always getting yelled at -- for what seemed like to me NO REASON AT ALL!!
I was also painfully shy.
Ahh. The good ole' days of being a kid. The only thing you had to worry about was going to school, and making sure you ate your vegetables and watching plenty of cartoons!
Anyway. What were you doing 10, 20 & 30 years ago??
Well... Me?
10 years ago was January 1998... I had a 1 month old baby boy and it was FREAKING cold in Chicago! Jefe was in his 2nd semester of Law School, and on New Years Day that year there had been a blizzard to end all blizzards! Apparently the worst snow storm they had - had in like 15 years. They called it a BLACK 10. We thought that was funny, and hurried to the store, and the shelves looked like the locusts had landed in Wal-Mart and eaten everything. It ended up being a REALLY bad snow storm... we couldn't get out our front door the snow had piled up against it! Jefe's dad called us up to tell us to make sure went and got some supplies and then we were told to "hunker down 'cause this is a doosey!" I had never heard the word "Hunker down" before, and it has since become my favorite! We still use that word, and snicker when we remember Jefe's father.
20 years ago January 1988... I was in my Junior year in High School, and I was 16. I had Geometry and I HATED IT!! My parents took us to Jackson Hole Skiing sometime during this month, and it was a total BLAST!
30 years ago January 1978... I was 6 (turning 7 in the summer) years old and in the first grade. My first grade teacher was REALLY mean. I hated going to school, and I hated her 'cause I was always getting yelled at -- for what seemed like to me NO REASON AT ALL!!
I was also painfully shy.
Ahh. The good ole' days of being a kid. The only thing you had to worry about was going to school, and making sure you ate your vegetables and watching plenty of cartoons!
Anyway. What were you doing 10, 20 & 30 years ago??

















