Choir + The Capitol = AMAZING!

Thursday, January 10, 2008

OK.
So I pretty much suck at keeping new years resolutions. If you haven't noticed, I haven't posted my daily 365 for like... oh. I don't know. 7 -8 days.

Sheesh.

So much for keeping that goal for more than a week. But, in my defense, I have been uber busy.

If you remember, my little elementary choir was singing at the State Capitol Building. We have been practicing like crazy, and yesterday was the big day!

It was amazing! I didn't even realize how totally stressed out I was about the whole thing until the last child climbed on that bus to go home... and I heaved this gi-normous sigh of relief.

(It's important to note that the last time I took all these kids - 85 kids that time - to a Choir festival... the bus forgot to come back and pick us up... so we were stranded at the Choir Festival with all these kids to get home. Luckily we had parents there to help... but, I had 15 people in my little Van to take home and a drunk person following us, harassing us... Yes. It was good times!)


We did it! We survived! And we didn't loose any of the 77 children in attendance and the bus actually came and picked us up to go home. And we didn't get in a wreck. (hey. I'm pregnant. I can be neurotic!)

(it's also important to note that where I live, we did get 12 inches of snow yesterday, but there were places that got upwards of 24 inches of snow... at their house... in their driveways... that they had to shovel...)


Anyway.

It was an amazing experience! A couple of the kids were a little teary when they were walking down the stairs when it was all over. I hugged them and asked them what was wrong, and one little girl said: "This is just so cool... and you could hear America the Beautiful echoing! It is definitely the coolest thing I've ever done!"

THAT made me a little weepy too! Because I mean, lets get real people, That IS totally cool to be able to say that, as an elementary student, you have sung in the Capitol Rotunda!!

They sounded better than they have ever sounded before... they were awesome!

I am SO grateful that I was able to participate with this Choir. It has been extremely therapeutic! Because of the Choir, I can honestly say that I have been happier, and have felt some REAL fulfillment from it! I have also been blessed to meet some amazing people that have become my good friends! Had I not been involved with this, I would not have them as friends.

These two women have been my saving grace. They helped me to adjust to moving; they helped me adjust to moving and they have helped me keep my crazy lady chained up. They have become incredible friends-- all because of this little choir.

(Whew. That was sappy!)

So, here are some photos of the day! There were some really silly ones of me... I looked a little, to quote Thing 3, Ri-dic-eelous! But, really I was having a blast directing that music, and I must say that it shows in some of the photos with the faces that I was pulling! (read: dork alert!)

Here is our amazing childrens choir... made up of 3rd- 6th graders! They are dedicated kids... the are at school twice a week at 7:30am for practice. Let's be honest... It is a ton of work. Some mornings I groan as I get out of my warm bed to head off to school in the cold. BUT, it is also one of the best things I have been involved in. I love it!










  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes