Wednesday, January 30, 2008
My sister, ima10cow, sent me THIS link that is intended to help you figure out who it is you REALLY align with in this on going madhouse... err. I mean presidential election. It was very educational. I really liked how there was just a brief synopsis of each candidates position on each issue. That was very informative... I have been wanting to research where each one stands, but haven't wanted to wade through all the rhetoric. This site was excellent. It gives you a short survey to find out where YOU stand on the various issues, (which I think is the Key element!) then it shows you who you most align with, and who you are the furthest from. I have to admit that I was VERY surprised.I figured that I would align more on the conservative side... however, after going through each issue in the survey, I found myself more on the Liberal side. I think THAT right there is why it is so important to research out the issues and not just assume... I think many people assume "Oh. I'm Christian, he's Christian... I better vote for him 'cause he's going to feel the same way I do about the issues." Not. True At. All.
The things that are important to me, are not important to Mitt Romney or John McCain. At least to the same degree... which frankly surprised me. I was more closely aligned with John Edwards and (gasp) Hilary. I almost hid my head in shame when the results came back. Not with regards to John Edwards. I have liked him ever since the last election.
But. Seriously. Hilary?
She bugs me.
Really, really bugs me.
I REALLY like Barak Obama... but, after reading the issues... we don't really see eye to eye. I am the furthest away from Mike Huckabee (whew. that guy seriously scares me).
Now I am in a quandary because the candidate that I most aligned with has dropped out of the race...
But. Putting all that aside... How totally cool is it that we finally have gotten to a place in our society where The President of the United States could either be a) a black man b) a woman or c) a Mormon. I think that if nothing else (all the issues, ugliness and rhetoric aside) THOSE 3 facts are amazing. And maybe, just maybe, show that we as a society are finally coming out of the dark ages and aligning ourselves more along with the European world (who btw has already HAD women prime ministers!)
So. Anyway. Go check out THIS site... and figure out where you stand on the issues... You might just be surprised who you align more with too!
Then, make sure you do something about it!

















