Friday, January 11, 2008
I didn't realize what a great companion she has been for me, until she hasn't been here today. I have found myself getting up, and looking around for her... calling her name... then remembering that she isn't here. She is my shadow. She follows me from room to room. Sleeps wherever I happen to be parking myself at the moment. Sometimes I get major irritated with her, because more than once I have tripped over her, rolled my chair onto her, or stepped on her head because she parks herself right at my side. Quite literally. If I am in the office, she lays right behind my chair. If I am laying in my bed, she parks herself right next to the side of the bed... so that if I get out of bed, I will step on her head. Its irritating. But, in the same breath, endearing. I have missed her today. I am worried about her. I have called the vet's office twice to see how she is doing. All they will say is that she isn't "done yet". What is she? A roast? Seriously. I am sure she will be one sad little chick when she finally gets home. Sad and sore. I hope she will be fine. This is the third tumor (2 cancer 1 benign) that she has had. Jefe says that just comes with this breed... cancer.
I hate that word.
Cancer.
It's a scary word.
But, the vet said once we got the tumor removed all should be well.
We will have to wait and see.
Anyway.
I miss my dog today.

















