Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The other night I made BBQ chicken for dinner. Nothing special. Just chicken, and BBQ sauce cooked most of the day in the crock pot. Thing 3 thought she had died and gone to heaven. Seriously. She decided yesterday that was what she wanted for lunch. So, I dished up some of that yummy BBQ chicken, and she started going to town. After her second helping, she stopped mid-chew and asked me, VERY serious and even more worried: "Mama, whats this chicken made out of?" I told her Chicken and BBQ sauce.
"No mama. Whats the recipe?"
Ummm. Chicken and BBQ sauce.
She scrutinized me for quite a while, then let out a giant "Whew. Cause if it was made out of Lobsters, I was gonna be sick. I hate Lobsters. They're gross, and they eat bugs. I don't want to look like a Lobster."
Oh.
Well, then its good I don't use Lobsters as my choice of seasonings then huh?

Oh. BTW, did you know that Lobsters eat Mussels, crabs, clams, sea worms as well as dead fish, starfish and other weak Lobsters?
Yup.
We googled it, cause I was pretty sure they didn't eat bugs, and Thing 3 was positive you used them to spice up your BBQ sauce.
Thank you Google. You saved us yet again!


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes