Friday, February 01, 2008
The snow doesn't give a soft white damn whom it touches. ~ E.E. Cummings
Ok. I will just say what everyone here is thinking...
OH. MY. HELL.
Seriously. It snowed yet again last night. I went out this morning and measured how much we got... 7 1/2 inches. We have gotten that much each time it has snowed... which BTW has been every other day - no lie - since the beginning of January. If I were Math savvy, I would have the actual totals that we have gotten... but alas. I'm not.
7.5 inches. No matter how I write that it makes me irritated.
My friend, tracytreehouse, said it perfectly in her blog... If she sees one more cute little fluffy snow flake float by her window, she's gonna rip someones head off.
Yeah. Me too.
Don't get me wrong.
Snow is nice... If you like to sled (which I don't) OR if you like to ski (which I do)...
I used to ski... a lot. When I was younger (read:single and no responsibilities) I wanted to grow up and be a ski bum. So, maybe if I were doing this all day....
Or This...
I would be totally stoked about all the crazy amounts of snow we are getting, and singing my praises to the snow Gods.
But. I'm not singing those praises to the Snow Gods.
And I am not here...
... on any regular sort of basis anymore (read: EVER. Not for 13 years 'cause I have babies now). So, I'm not singing praises to the snow gods... I'm chanting curses...
Because my life now consists of this:
And This: (he won the entire Pinewood Derby, thank you very much!)
OH.
And don't forget this...
Yeah.
this cutie too...
And, of course, this one...

You know what? It's all good! My life is awesome!
These guys are worth not being that ski bum.
And, really.
I just wanna be here...
Don't you?
Yeah.
I thought so.
So. We got 7.5 inches of snow last night and I am dreaming of warm, sunny places... with The Things and Jefe.
Have a fun, snow filled weekend people.
Oh. And it's random 10 Friday again... does anyone play? Post what your first random 10 songs are that come up on your music playing device... that way we can mock each other's music taste... or lack there of!
1. Tonight, Not Again - Jason Mraz
2. Green - Sister Hazel
3. Shooting Stars - Edwin McCain
4. Island In The Sun - Weezer
5. We've Been Had - Uncle Tupelo
6. I'm Gonna Make You Love Me - The Jayhawks
7. Nobody Much Longer - Colin Herring
8. I Wonder - Chris Isaak
9. Shower The People - James Taylor
10. Go Your Own Way - Fleetwood Mac
Bonus: Love or Something Like It - Big Blue Hearts
Ok. I will just say what everyone here is thinking...OH. MY. HELL.
Seriously. It snowed yet again last night. I went out this morning and measured how much we got... 7 1/2 inches. We have gotten that much each time it has snowed... which BTW has been every other day - no lie - since the beginning of January. If I were Math savvy, I would have the actual totals that we have gotten... but alas. I'm not.
7.5 inches. No matter how I write that it makes me irritated.
My friend, tracytreehouse, said it perfectly in her blog... If she sees one more cute little fluffy snow flake float by her window, she's gonna rip someones head off.
Yeah. Me too.
Don't get me wrong.
Snow is nice... If you like to sled (which I don't) OR if you like to ski (which I do)...
I used to ski... a lot. When I was younger (read:single and no responsibilities) I wanted to grow up and be a ski bum. So, maybe if I were doing this all day....
Or This...
I would be totally stoked about all the crazy amounts of snow we are getting, and singing my praises to the snow Gods.But. I'm not singing those praises to the Snow Gods.
And I am not here...
... on any regular sort of basis anymore (read: EVER. Not for 13 years 'cause I have babies now). So, I'm not singing praises to the snow gods... I'm chanting curses...Because my life now consists of this:
And This: (he won the entire Pinewood Derby, thank you very much!)
OH.And don't forget this...
Yeah.this cutie too...
And, of course, this one...
You know what? It's all good! My life is awesome!
These guys are worth not being that ski bum.
And, really.
I just wanna be here...
Don't you?Yeah.
I thought so.
So. We got 7.5 inches of snow last night and I am dreaming of warm, sunny places... with The Things and Jefe.
Have a fun, snow filled weekend people.
Oh. And it's random 10 Friday again... does anyone play? Post what your first random 10 songs are that come up on your music playing device... that way we can mock each other's music taste... or lack there of!
1. Tonight, Not Again - Jason Mraz
2. Green - Sister Hazel
3. Shooting Stars - Edwin McCain
4. Island In The Sun - Weezer
5. We've Been Had - Uncle Tupelo
6. I'm Gonna Make You Love Me - The Jayhawks
7. Nobody Much Longer - Colin Herring
8. I Wonder - Chris Isaak
9. Shower The People - James Taylor
10. Go Your Own Way - Fleetwood Mac
Bonus: Love or Something Like It - Big Blue Hearts

















