Random 10 Friday.... On a Monday
Monday, March 24, 2008
Ok.
So, I totally forgot about my little Random 10 Friday on Friday. Let's blame it on Thing 3's birthday and being so tired from birthing Moxie. Shall we?
It was nice, however, to sit down tonight and turn the music on. Oh how I love music. It really does soothe me. And, for whatever reason, music really does seem to bring me back to my home... my center. Does that even make sense?? I didn't realize how much I was missing my music until I sat here tonight and found myself unwinding while the tunes floated by. Being able to sing along, softly... I know. That sounds so weird! But, I love not only the way music helps me get back to my center, but also how it helps me to think more clearly and just Be. I know I've blogged about this before, but... I just don't know how I would exist without my music. Weird, I know. But, its an outlet for me. As Jefe puts it, "I fly happy through my joyful zone" when I have my tunes on. He's so funny... but hits it right on!
Anyway.
I have been missing it big time lately. I have been consumed with my sweet Moxie... and have been too tired to do anything about it. I really need to invest in an MP3 player of some sort for myself. My children all have them, but they think my music taste is odd and weird. (although thing 1 is a retro girl... she has Reo Speed wagon on her player and Styx: Mr. Roboto...and I totally love that about her. She is like her Dad and me... a music junkie. She knows her bands, and that is endearing to me!)
I think that would be beneficial to not only MY mental state, but also to everyone else's that has to be around me. So. I am finding myself being extremely grateful for all the talented people out there that make the beautiful tunes that soothe the savage beast in me.
Moxie and I are still getting acquainted. I guess I forgot how much I sucked at Nursing... its hard for me. I didn't nurse my two oldest children... for all sorts of various reasons. I did, however, nurse Thing 3 and after a bit of a struggle, we finally worked out the kinks. She nursed well, and is a very healthy eater. Moxie and I are still working out the kinks. The thing that is the hardest for me and nursing is the not knowing if they are getting enough food, or if they really are starving. I tend to worry myself silly that they are starving right to death. I know that she isn't, but the crazy lady in me tends to dominate that whole thought process. Does that even make sense? I am hoping that it will get easier. It IS less painful this time around... so I am hoping that is a good sign that we are doing something right. She is sleeping really well. It's not the schedule that I want... but it has been consistent, so I am accepting it. She is still so content and peaceful. She still only squawks when I change her diaper. She is content to lay in her bassinet and watch the world pass by. I have too keep reminding myself that I am not a bad mother if I let her lay there. (that actually has become my new mantra... "I am not a bad mother" if she lays in her bed, and is not crying... repeated over and over!) The big kids are still totally smitten with her. Thing 2, every single morning, runs into our room, and asks if he can hold Moxie. He totally LOVES her. Last night, he sat on my bed for over an hour and just held her hand and kept putting her Binky back in her mouth. He was happy. Moxie was happy. I was happy.
We had a lovely Easter yesterday as well. I forgot to charge the camera, however, so there are no Easter photos. AND, with Moxie's arrival, there were not Easter duds either. I didn't have my act together enough to get that little deed done before she was born. Sigh. We all stayed home from church together yesterday, and just hung out in our PJ's all day. We ate candy till we were sick. Had a really nice dinner of Smoked turkey and twice baked potatoes and a Fab. salad (thanks Mom! Jefe said it was the best of both worlds... my Mothers cooking at his house! and were just together. I think, in all honesty, that it was the nicest Easter we've had. Jefe talked with the kids about The Saviour, and the fact that Easter wasn't about Eggs and bunnies but Christ and his reserection. This was good, since I didn't do the Easter shopping this year... it was a little sparse. (I have a tendency to go completely overboard and buy enough candy to last an entire year... a years supply if you will of candy! Actually. That's really not a bad idea... hummm)
However, I think was actually good. I have felt for years that the whole commercialization of Easter has taken the focus of the holiday off of where it should be.(i found this particularly so when I was working at Kohls... people were spending hundreds of dollars on Easter "presents" for their families. It was shocking, and really quite disgusting!) It's not about the finest new clothes money can buy, or chocolate (although I do like to think so) or colorful eggs. Its Christ and his sacrifice for all of us. I am grateful today for that sacrifice and the ability that I have to every single day start fresh... to start new. That right there gives me hope. I know that if I screw up today, I always have tomorrow... and it is a fresh, new start. I am so grateful for that.
Lastly, it's going to sound extremely stupid, and taboo... but I am very grateful for this dumb blog. Jefe said to me yesterday that he was so glad that I did this because, some day down the road, we would all be able to read about our lives... and remember things that would be lost otherwise. We will remember things about Thing 3 and Moxie that we don't about Thing 1 &2... simply because I meant to write it down... but didn't. He said it was better than a scrapbook. That really made me feel good. It is to me better than a scrapbook, because my thoughts and feelings are here too. Someday, when I am gone, my kids and grandkids can pull up this site (unless the internet has exploded by then) and read about our lives and our family. They will be able to really see into what I found to be important... and they will read my feelings about each of them. Isn't that family history? But, all that aside, its been a wonderful way for me to be creative... and to write. OH how I love to write. So. I am grateful for my dumb blog. It has been a great creative outlet, and honestly. It's cheaper therapy than a real therapist!
Here's my Random 10 Friday... on a Monday. Come out and play with me!
1. Sleeping to Dream (live) - Jason Mraz
2. Not That Girl - Original Soundtrack, Wicked
3. Belief (acousitc) - John Mayer
4. With or Without You - U2
5. Angel - Sarah McLaughlin
6. Mad World - Michael Andrews *I LOVE this version of this song!! So beautiful! He sounds like Michale Stipe from R.E.M... but its not! Yowzers! *
7. It's Not Over - Daughtry
8. Mayberry - Rascal Flatts
9. Morning Song - Jewel
10. Sparks - Coldplay
bonus: What Is This Feeling? - Original Soundtrack, Wicked
So, I totally forgot about my little Random 10 Friday on Friday. Let's blame it on Thing 3's birthday and being so tired from birthing Moxie. Shall we?
It was nice, however, to sit down tonight and turn the music on. Oh how I love music. It really does soothe me. And, for whatever reason, music really does seem to bring me back to my home... my center. Does that even make sense?? I didn't realize how much I was missing my music until I sat here tonight and found myself unwinding while the tunes floated by. Being able to sing along, softly... I know. That sounds so weird! But, I love not only the way music helps me get back to my center, but also how it helps me to think more clearly and just Be. I know I've blogged about this before, but... I just don't know how I would exist without my music. Weird, I know. But, its an outlet for me. As Jefe puts it, "I fly happy through my joyful zone" when I have my tunes on. He's so funny... but hits it right on!
Anyway.
I have been missing it big time lately. I have been consumed with my sweet Moxie... and have been too tired to do anything about it. I really need to invest in an MP3 player of some sort for myself. My children all have them, but they think my music taste is odd and weird. (although thing 1 is a retro girl... she has Reo Speed wagon on her player and Styx: Mr. Roboto...and I totally love that about her. She is like her Dad and me... a music junkie. She knows her bands, and that is endearing to me!)
I think that would be beneficial to not only MY mental state, but also to everyone else's that has to be around me. So. I am finding myself being extremely grateful for all the talented people out there that make the beautiful tunes that soothe the savage beast in me.
Moxie and I are still getting acquainted. I guess I forgot how much I sucked at Nursing... its hard for me. I didn't nurse my two oldest children... for all sorts of various reasons. I did, however, nurse Thing 3 and after a bit of a struggle, we finally worked out the kinks. She nursed well, and is a very healthy eater. Moxie and I are still working out the kinks. The thing that is the hardest for me and nursing is the not knowing if they are getting enough food, or if they really are starving. I tend to worry myself silly that they are starving right to death. I know that she isn't, but the crazy lady in me tends to dominate that whole thought process. Does that even make sense? I am hoping that it will get easier. It IS less painful this time around... so I am hoping that is a good sign that we are doing something right. She is sleeping really well. It's not the schedule that I want... but it has been consistent, so I am accepting it. She is still so content and peaceful. She still only squawks when I change her diaper. She is content to lay in her bassinet and watch the world pass by. I have too keep reminding myself that I am not a bad mother if I let her lay there. (that actually has become my new mantra... "I am not a bad mother" if she lays in her bed, and is not crying... repeated over and over!) The big kids are still totally smitten with her. Thing 2, every single morning, runs into our room, and asks if he can hold Moxie. He totally LOVES her. Last night, he sat on my bed for over an hour and just held her hand and kept putting her Binky back in her mouth. He was happy. Moxie was happy. I was happy.
We had a lovely Easter yesterday as well. I forgot to charge the camera, however, so there are no Easter photos. AND, with Moxie's arrival, there were not Easter duds either. I didn't have my act together enough to get that little deed done before she was born. Sigh. We all stayed home from church together yesterday, and just hung out in our PJ's all day. We ate candy till we were sick. Had a really nice dinner of Smoked turkey and twice baked potatoes and a Fab. salad (thanks Mom! Jefe said it was the best of both worlds... my Mothers cooking at his house! and were just together. I think, in all honesty, that it was the nicest Easter we've had. Jefe talked with the kids about The Saviour, and the fact that Easter wasn't about Eggs and bunnies but Christ and his reserection. This was good, since I didn't do the Easter shopping this year... it was a little sparse. (I have a tendency to go completely overboard and buy enough candy to last an entire year... a years supply if you will of candy! Actually. That's really not a bad idea... hummm)
However, I think was actually good. I have felt for years that the whole commercialization of Easter has taken the focus of the holiday off of where it should be.(i found this particularly so when I was working at Kohls... people were spending hundreds of dollars on Easter "presents" for their families. It was shocking, and really quite disgusting!) It's not about the finest new clothes money can buy, or chocolate (although I do like to think so) or colorful eggs. Its Christ and his sacrifice for all of us. I am grateful today for that sacrifice and the ability that I have to every single day start fresh... to start new. That right there gives me hope. I know that if I screw up today, I always have tomorrow... and it is a fresh, new start. I am so grateful for that.
Lastly, it's going to sound extremely stupid, and taboo... but I am very grateful for this dumb blog. Jefe said to me yesterday that he was so glad that I did this because, some day down the road, we would all be able to read about our lives... and remember things that would be lost otherwise. We will remember things about Thing 3 and Moxie that we don't about Thing 1 &2... simply because I meant to write it down... but didn't. He said it was better than a scrapbook. That really made me feel good. It is to me better than a scrapbook, because my thoughts and feelings are here too. Someday, when I am gone, my kids and grandkids can pull up this site (unless the internet has exploded by then) and read about our lives and our family. They will be able to really see into what I found to be important... and they will read my feelings about each of them. Isn't that family history? But, all that aside, its been a wonderful way for me to be creative... and to write. OH how I love to write. So. I am grateful for my dumb blog. It has been a great creative outlet, and honestly. It's cheaper therapy than a real therapist!
Here's my Random 10 Friday... on a Monday. Come out and play with me!
1. Sleeping to Dream (live) - Jason Mraz
2. Not That Girl - Original Soundtrack, Wicked
3. Belief (acousitc) - John Mayer
4. With or Without You - U2
5. Angel - Sarah McLaughlin
6. Mad World - Michael Andrews *I LOVE this version of this song!! So beautiful! He sounds like Michale Stipe from R.E.M... but its not! Yowzers! *
7. It's Not Over - Daughtry
8. Mayberry - Rascal Flatts
9. Morning Song - Jewel
10. Sparks - Coldplay
bonus: What Is This Feeling? - Original Soundtrack, Wicked

















