Friday, March 07, 2008

Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, "Where have I gone wrong?" Then a voice says to me, "This is going to take more than one night." - Charles M. Schulz
I have a bunch of random thoughts floating around in my brain, so I think I will just throw them out here so that I can start thinking more clearly. Just hang tight... cause we're going to be jumping all over!
1) Who do PR people think are watching Infomercials in the middle of the night? (obviously, me, but I mean, who else?) The CRAP they are trying to sell us, and convince us that we need... Are they for real and do they think we are THAT stupid? I saw last night, when I couldn't sleep, the most ridiculous infomercials...
a. How to make a million dollars on eBay. Send in $49.99 and we will teach you how to sell your crap on Ebay.
Riiiiight.
b. How to style your hair from the inside out with this amazing hair straightener thing... Um. Won't that sort of hurt??
c. "Save your life" power juicer. This juicer is supposedly going to SAVE YOUR LIFE! If you don't buy it, you WILL die. (for real that was their tag line)
d. Motionless weight loss. HUH? (need I say more about that one? I mean isn't the whole point of exercise/weight loss the idea that you need to GET OFF THE COUCH?)
E. Magic Jack. I seriously don't get this one. Pay $39.95 for a year of free phone service. Then each year after that its only $19.99 per year to have phone service. All because you have bought.. ahem. this "Magic phone jack".
Seriously.
F. Clean Colon - the secret to your health and vitality. It was sort of a "You and your colon" infomercial. They were really playing on peoples fears of Cancer. Frankly, it grossed me out when he started talking about all the goo on the walls of my intestines...
ICK!
Infomercials. I REALLY don't get them.
2) Why does my dog choose 3am to start running around and playing? I usually don't have her necklace on her (as Thing 3 likes to call her collar and tags) but, Thing 3 was convinced that she was going to get lost, and the necklace needed to be on her. Uh. Yeah. That makes for a very noisy 3am. She was throwing her ball all around... running from room to room to check on the things... having a great time. I am sure this happens on a regular basis, but I usually don't hear it.
Yeah.
It was annoying.
3) Why can I always come up with these hilarious posts in the middle of the night, but when I get around to writing them, I can never remember them? My sister, ima10cow and I were just talking about this yesterday. We think of the most HILARIOUS stuff in the middle of the night, but by the time we get around to writing it down we are like an Alzheimer's patient...
4) When is Moxie going to make her grand appearance?
5) I really wish that my prayers could be answered as fast as Google answers my questions.
I know.
GASP!
How sac religious of me... But seriously. I type a question into Google and within 2.1 seconds I have answers. I just wish my prayers would get answered that fast... AND be that obvious!
6) Why is forgiveness so hard? Especially when you have been the "victim" (I so HATE that word) and have done nothing to cause the harm that has happened? Jefe is amazing with this, and can so easily forgive. I forgive too. BUT, when it involves my kiddos, I have a tendency to light the torches. Why is it harder to forgive others when they hurt those we love?
7) Junior High Girls. Need I say more? Why are they so damn mean?
Seriously! I was walking down the hall at the junior high yesterday, and about had a complete aneurysm with the crap I was hearing come out of girls mouths. Just plain meanness, and for no other reason than to just be mean. What is the point? (then there was the whole girl on girl lovin' thing that I witnessed, and I had to restrain myself from COMPLETELY FREAKING OUT... but that is a post for an entirely different day...)
8) I listen to my sisters, and friends talk about their stresses with their little kids... and I find myself longing for the days when my kids were all little.
At home.
Under my roof and my protection.
Without cell phones.
For those of you who have teenagers, you may see where I am coming from, but really. Teenagers are difficult. They have opinions. They have ideas. They may not be the same as yours. Kids are mean in so many different totally MEAN ways now... I wish I could rewind back to when everyone was happy sitting on the couch together watching Arthur and eating Popsicles. Much much easier! Or, easier in the emotional sense anyway.
9) And that brings me to my next random thought... I really like the TV show Arthur.
I know. I have just revealed how totally dorky I am. But, really. It is such an awesome show. I have tried really hard to get Thing 3 to like this cartoon, but she hates it. (now they have Postcards from Buster too... and my other favorite cartoon is Fosters Home For Imaginary Friends... That show is hilarious! Thing 2 and I watch that together a lot. wow. i AM a total dork!)
If I did what I really wanted, I would sit down and watch it... alone. But that would be more pathetic than this confession: When I was in Jr High and High school, the cool show to watch was Days of Our Lives. A tacky soap opera. All the girls would run home to watch Days, as we all liked to call it. My cousins were ADDICTED! Really. I would ask them regularly what was happening, so that I could pretend to be cool and be watching Days... When in reality I was running home not to watch Days, but to watch... ahem...
The Walton's.
I know.
I really AM pathetic!
It's not that I couldn't watch Days, my Mom didn't care. I just didn't get it.
I liked The Walton's.
Now I like Arthur.
Yes, I'm a dork.
10) Raise your hand if you are sick of the PRE Presidential race...
I rest my case! (and we have 8 more months until we get to actually vote. sheesh people! don't get me wrong. I am a political person. i like to consider myself educated on the candidates, but this is getting a bit ridiculous!)
So. That's the randomness that has been floating around in my brain lately. If you made it through all that... you're dedicated. Today has been a beautiful day! Sunny and its actually starting to warm up! Thank heavens!
Oh. Any day now, Moxie should be making her appearance. If not by the 17th, then the Doctor will induce me on that day.
So either way... Only 1o more days people.
Ten.
(applause)
We got the new pack n' play set up, and the new car seat and stroller set up. (i keep my babies in the pack n' play in my room until their about 3-4 months old. just cause I'm a freak that way) .
The clothes are washed, and ready... so all we need now is a cute little baby.
Anyway...
Here's my random 10 Friday that came up all random like on Rhapsody. What are you listening too? Have a wonderful weekend!
1. Idiot Boyfriend - Jimmy Fallon
2. Where You Are - Rascal Flatts
3. Everybody Wake Up - Dave Matthews Band
4. Rainbow - G. Love & Special Sauce
5. Realize - Colbie Caillat
6. Known For Years - Rachael Yamagata
7. Mr. Roboto - Styx
8. Forever Blue (acoustic) - Chris Isaak
9. Strawberry Wine - Ryan Adams
10. See You Soon (live) - Coldplay
Bonus: Sleeping To Dream - Jason Mraz

















