Oh. No!
Thursday, May 22, 2008

I have been a faithful American Idol watcher this year. I usually only pick up watching it around the top 12... simply because I find the whole audition experience nauseating. I get so embarrassed for the people making fools of themselves that I have to actually change the channel. Or watch with my ears plugged singing my own la la la... However, this year I watched from beginning to end.
Last night we had all sorts of end of term projects that HAD to get done. (read:due today. dang teenagers!) I didn't want Thing 1 to be sidetracked with AI, so I taped it to watch later. She just got online and checked to see who won, but I again plugged my ears and sang my own la la la.
Everyone was nestled snug in their own little beds, and I settled into my bed to watch. I thought it was a great show. It was fun to see all of the top 12 there again... and I LOVED the guest artists they had. George Michael, I am ashamed to say, rocks my world.
I was happily watching, all the way predicting that Archie would win. He totally out sang Cook. Imagine my complete HORROR when the last image I see is this one, and the last thing I hear is "and the winner is David... "The DVR quit recording.
QUIT RECORDING!
Let me say that one more time.
My DVR quit FREAKING recording.
Yes. I know. I missed the best part of the whole show. The whole reason we have been watching. To see who won.
It wouldn't have been so bad if there had been someone other than 2 Davids. Hearing the words "and the winner is David..." wouldn't have had quite the same effect as did with there being 2 Davids. You should have seen my face. My jaw dropped, and Jefe looked at me and started laughing his head off. I must have looked quite the sight! He said, I know who wins... so. I had to find out the winner of American Idol from Jefe. Which in and of itself isn't bad... its just not getting to see the reaction.
Ho. Hum
I have to agree with Simon. Either David would have been a great American Idol. Cookie is edgey, and Archie is awesome with the ballads. I still prefer Archies voice over Cooks, but whatever. They will both go REALLY far.
As I was watching one of the numbers with the top 6 men... I thought that Archie would be completely amazing in the Broadway show Jersey Boys!(the musical about the 4 seasons) Can't you see him singing "Who Loves you?" He would be amazing with that! Archie would be amazing in any Broadway show!
So. American Idol is over. Now we can find something else to obsess over.
Like Lost.

















