Random randomness and then some tunes

Friday, October 16, 2009

Vote early and vote often. - Al Capone (1899 - 1947)


There is still time to vote for Moxie. She's ahead of the game, but seriously? Only like 1/4 of my readers have voted. People! Moxie has the magic mojo to make your wildest dreams come true. If she's gonna win, lets win BIG!

Go vote.

Please.

And thank you.

*****
I had a huge list of things I was getting all random about in my car. Then in a fit of cleanliness, I cleaned my car. Apparently, I threw away my list of random stuff. I'm totally bummed too, because I had some great random crap on there!

*****
When do you do your best writing?

Me? It's when I'm in the car, driving my kids all over tar-nation. That's when I come up with my post ideas, and I formulate my beginning sentence. Once I have that beginning sentence, everything else seems to just flow. I usually carry a notebook in my car so that when I'm stopped at stoplights I can write down the ideas that I get.

Some of my best posts have been written while I was driving hither and yon. What about you?

*****
Christmas is going to be a breeze this year. I figured out today what I'm giving mine and Jefe's parents. I also figured out what my sisters and Jefe's siblings are getting. Thank you Internet for making my Christmas shopping experience easy and stress free.

(Don't worry. My sister told me what she wanted, and Jefe's clan doesn't read my blog!)

Have you even started thinking about Christmas yet? There's seventy days until the Ho-Ho man arrives. That's 70 days folks!

Did I stress you out?
You're Welcome!

*****
When we lived in Illinois, our Pre-K and K program was the best in the state. I'm not just saying that either. We had a phenomenal school district! The entire district sent all the pre-K and Kindergartners to the same school-- it was dreamy! My kids THRIVED at that school!

They also had a program through the school district for babies 18-4yrs that you attend twice a week. It was learning through "play" with the parents. They would sing songs, play with toys, read stories and have a snack. It was only 1 hour at the local library. We attended religiously!

It was through those two programs that I was introduced to Jim Gill. He is an incredible musician that is specifically for children. He sings the best songs for kids-- they make ME want to shake my bon-bon! He has a bunch of albums, but these two are my favorite.




I had totally forgotten about Jim until I went to the library this week, and saw someone returning his CD. Boy howdy, I snatched that puppy up quicker than you can say "Alabama, Mississippi"! Thing 3 and Moxie have had a blast dancing around our house singing there versions of these songs.

I actually enjoy listening to these CDs-- which is saying a lot. Typically I loathe kid music, but not these ones. AND. I'm not getting one thing from saying this. I just wanted you to know about a great artist that not only your kids will enjoy listening to, but you will too.

*****
Seriously? If one more telemarketer for "The Fraternal Order of Police" calls, I think I may pull a Linda Blair. Take me off your list. Don't tell me "You sound like a nice lady who wants to donate lots of money" that only pisses me off and makes me hang up on you.

I'll only donate money when I want to, not because you sweet talk me.

*****
Have a great weekend folks. We lost our football game last weekend, so we'll be having our first football free weekend in months. I'm not sure what we're going to do with ourselves.
Maybe weed the yard or something crazy like that. Who knows.

Catch ya on the flip-side!


1. City of Blinding Lights - U2
2. Keep It Loose, Keep It Tight - Amos Lee
3. Bone Tired - Gomez
4. Vanilla Twilight - Owl City
5. The Girl You Lost to Cocaine - Sia
6. Good Thing - Patty Larkin
7. Who Says - John Mayer
8. Slice - Five for Fighting
9. Live Like You Were Dying - Tim McGraw
10. Mayberry - Rascal Flatts

Bonus: Here Comes Goodbye - Rascal Flatts


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes