Star-struck
Wednesday, October 07, 2009
Yesterday after I was done teaching choir I went to Wal-mart. Just because I could and besides, I was dressed and it wasn't even Noon yet!
As I was wandering down the isles talking Moxie's ear off I noticed this lady staring at me. She had kids in her cart and they were looking at me too all googly eyed. I smiled and continued on with my diatribe to Moxie about the injustice of ugly binders that was plaguing my life at the moment.
I went around the corner to look at more stuff, and the lady with the kids? She followed me. Everywhere I went she was there. Looking at me with this goofy grin on her face. I was starting to get all paranoid about the goofy lady with the kids in the shopping cart when I suddenly realized she knows me and I know how.
Up and down the isles we went, goofy lady and I. We were both dancing around the fact that she knew me, I knew she knew me and I knew how she knew me.
She would bend down and talk to her kids, and casually look at me... "That's Motherboard and she's like you know famous! Look at her kids. She has this amazing blog, and she's totally normal!"
I smiled and continued on with my pointless meanderings.
She knew me! Woot! Woot! (major fist pumping)
I was famous and it was from my silly old blog.
{insert evil laugh}

At least that's how it always plays out in my mind whenever I go to Wal-mart. If someone smiles at me I'm positive its because they read my blog.
I always feel slightly deflated when reality sets in and I realize no one notices my comings and goings. I'm not famous and they really didn't recognize me, they were just smiling at my cute Moxie. There are never any paparazzi following me around which is a total bummer 'cause I take a good snap-shot!
I guess I'll continue to live in my fantasy world of being noticed at Wal-mart -- in my head-- but the reality is I'm just a normal, unknown Joe who shops at Wal-mart in her sweats. And I like it that way. Usually.

As I was wandering down the isles talking Moxie's ear off I noticed this lady staring at me. She had kids in her cart and they were looking at me too all googly eyed. I smiled and continued on with my diatribe to Moxie about the injustice of ugly binders that was plaguing my life at the moment.
I went around the corner to look at more stuff, and the lady with the kids? She followed me. Everywhere I went she was there. Looking at me with this goofy grin on her face. I was starting to get all paranoid about the goofy lady with the kids in the shopping cart when I suddenly realized she knows me and I know how.
Up and down the isles we went, goofy lady and I. We were both dancing around the fact that she knew me, I knew she knew me and I knew how she knew me.
She would bend down and talk to her kids, and casually look at me... "That's Motherboard and she's like you know famous! Look at her kids. She has this amazing blog, and she's totally normal!"
I smiled and continued on with my pointless meanderings.
She knew me! Woot! Woot! (major fist pumping)
I was famous and it was from my silly old blog.
{insert evil laugh}

At least that's how it always plays out in my mind whenever I go to Wal-mart. If someone smiles at me I'm positive its because they read my blog.
I always feel slightly deflated when reality sets in and I realize no one notices my comings and goings. I'm not famous and they really didn't recognize me, they were just smiling at my cute Moxie. There are never any paparazzi following me around which is a total bummer 'cause I take a good snap-shot!
I guess I'll continue to live in my fantasy world of being noticed at Wal-mart -- in my head-- but the reality is I'm just a normal, unknown Joe who shops at Wal-mart in her sweats. And I like it that way. Usually.


















