Random randomness & then some tunes
Friday, October 02, 2009
I hate television. I hate it as much as I hate peanuts. But I can't stop eating peanuts. - Orson Welles(1915 - 1985)
Sadly, I don't hate television. I hate peanuts. They're gross. Well, not cashews those are yummy. But peanuts? Blech.
I typically haven't been a huge TV watcher. In the past if I sit down to watch TV I fall asleep. But I've been sick now since the beginning of September and my TV consumption has gone through the roof. So has my patience. (I'm not bitter or anything)
I'm a total Gleek. I love Bones and Cold Case. My Name is Earl has reruns on cable, as does The Office. Thank heavens for my trusty DVR that records everything under the sun so I can watch it commercial free. Really. What did we do before we were able to fast forward commercials? Did we actually watch them? Eee gads.
*****
I'm going to have a bunch of tests run on Friday. Seems I have the symptoms of Diabetes.
That would totally blow, yo.
I mean my diet consists primarily of Diet Coke and candy. What the hell will eat?
I'll keep you posted.
*****
Did you know that one of the biggest causes of depression among Utah women is Laundry? I'm totally not kidding. I heard that recently from a very reliable source. He said one of the biggest reasons women get depressed is that they can't keep up with their dang laundry.
I totally see that.
BUT.
I have kept up with my laundry now for 3 weeks.
Boo-yah!
*****
This is the time of year that I miss Illinois the very most. The Fall brings an awesomeness that knows no other in the Mid-west. Harvest time with all the crops. The geese migrating south for the winter-- and their flight pattern was right over my house. The leaves change colors that I didn't know even existed in leaves. The most vibrant, beautiful colors I have ever seen!
I miss our state park that had miles and miles of hiking and lakes and quiet beauty. Then there's Sleepy Hollow, Illinois where the Saturday before Halloween they have a huge town bonfire and the headless horseman rides through town. Creepy awesomeness at its best!
We would make weekly pilgrimages to get our pumpkin donuts and apple cider. My gosh! You have never tasted anything like that until you visit the pumpkin farms where you can pick your own pumpkins, after riding on a hayride. They have craft barns, real BBQ and all the local tacky entertainment you can stomach. It's heaven I tell you.
Pardon me while I dream about pumpkin donuts.
*****
My new favorite band, Owl City, is coming in concert on October 11th. Yeah. I know its the Sabbath. I was pretty bummed when I realize that the other artist I like, Brooke Waggoner was also coming on the same day. Imagine my utter Ecstasy when I realized that they weren't separate venues! They are playing together!
It's a Two-fer.
Dude. I'm totally there! Even though its the Sabbath, it's all good. Remember? I've got all the seats by the A/C in hell reserved. And Diet Coke on ice.
Wanna join me? In hell or the concert?
Brooke Waggoner's PR people sent me an email with a link to her new stuff. Holy Cannoli, Batman! It's audio heaven and I'm totally not even kidding! I really like her vocals and piano... its relaxing and helps me find my writing mojo.
You can take a listen here and see if your mojo doesn't get a super-charge.
*****
I just finished the second book in The Hunger Games series, Catching Fire, and it was fantastic. I am totally bummed that I have to wait until next September to read the 3rd one. I haven't been this into a book series since Harry Potter. If you haven't read those two books yet, then you need to set aside everything else and get cracking. Mind blowing, I'm telling you. They bill these books as Young Adult, and while they are totally appropriate for young adults, they aren't your typical cheesy predictable ones. Hurry. You are missing out on the reading of the century.
But.
Now that I have those books read, I'm in dire need of new book recommendations. I'm bored with what I have and don't want to go spend any money getting more dumb books.
Tell me your favorite reads, por favor.
*****
Thing 2's football team made it to the playoffs. We are still in the throws of football world around here. I predict we go to the mini-bowl this year! We have an excellent team! Besides, aren't they just cute?
*****
Have a great weekend! We're gonna be eating fall food this weekend while we listen to The Prophet of our Church speak to us. It's my favorite time of year. I love hearing what God has to tell me through the voice of his servant.
I hope you all have a great weekend!
1. See The World - Gomez
2. Sweet Pea - Amos Lee
3. This Is The Future - Owl City
4. Hush If You Must - Brooke Waggoner
5. Take A Bow - Muse
6. Spring - Saint Etienne
7. In Repair (acoustic) - John Mayer
8. Headphones - Britt Nicole
9. Day Too Soon - Sia
10.Not Fair - Lily Allen
Bonus: Sweetest Thing - U2
Sadly, I don't hate television. I hate peanuts. They're gross. Well, not cashews those are yummy. But peanuts? Blech.
I typically haven't been a huge TV watcher. In the past if I sit down to watch TV I fall asleep. But I've been sick now since the beginning of September and my TV consumption has gone through the roof. So has my patience. (I'm not bitter or anything)
I'm a total Gleek. I love Bones and Cold Case. My Name is Earl has reruns on cable, as does The Office. Thank heavens for my trusty DVR that records everything under the sun so I can watch it commercial free. Really. What did we do before we were able to fast forward commercials? Did we actually watch them? Eee gads.
*****
I'm going to have a bunch of tests run on Friday. Seems I have the symptoms of Diabetes.
That would totally blow, yo.
I mean my diet consists primarily of Diet Coke and candy. What the hell will eat?
I'll keep you posted.
*****
Did you know that one of the biggest causes of depression among Utah women is Laundry? I'm totally not kidding. I heard that recently from a very reliable source. He said one of the biggest reasons women get depressed is that they can't keep up with their dang laundry.
I totally see that.
BUT.
I have kept up with my laundry now for 3 weeks.
Boo-yah!
*****
This is the time of year that I miss Illinois the very most. The Fall brings an awesomeness that knows no other in the Mid-west. Harvest time with all the crops. The geese migrating south for the winter-- and their flight pattern was right over my house. The leaves change colors that I didn't know even existed in leaves. The most vibrant, beautiful colors I have ever seen!
I miss our state park that had miles and miles of hiking and lakes and quiet beauty. Then there's Sleepy Hollow, Illinois where the Saturday before Halloween they have a huge town bonfire and the headless horseman rides through town. Creepy awesomeness at its best!
We would make weekly pilgrimages to get our pumpkin donuts and apple cider. My gosh! You have never tasted anything like that until you visit the pumpkin farms where you can pick your own pumpkins, after riding on a hayride. They have craft barns, real BBQ and all the local tacky entertainment you can stomach. It's heaven I tell you.
Pardon me while I dream about pumpkin donuts.
*****
My new favorite band, Owl City, is coming in concert on October 11th. Yeah. I know its the Sabbath. I was pretty bummed when I realize that the other artist I like, Brooke Waggoner was also coming on the same day. Imagine my utter Ecstasy when I realized that they weren't separate venues! They are playing together!
It's a Two-fer.
Dude. I'm totally there! Even though its the Sabbath, it's all good. Remember? I've got all the seats by the A/C in hell reserved. And Diet Coke on ice.
Wanna join me? In hell or the concert?
Brooke Waggoner's PR people sent me an email with a link to her new stuff. Holy Cannoli, Batman! It's audio heaven and I'm totally not even kidding! I really like her vocals and piano... its relaxing and helps me find my writing mojo.
You can take a listen here and see if your mojo doesn't get a super-charge.
*****
I just finished the second book in The Hunger Games series, Catching Fire, and it was fantastic. I am totally bummed that I have to wait until next September to read the 3rd one. I haven't been this into a book series since Harry Potter. If you haven't read those two books yet, then you need to set aside everything else and get cracking. Mind blowing, I'm telling you. They bill these books as Young Adult, and while they are totally appropriate for young adults, they aren't your typical cheesy predictable ones. Hurry. You are missing out on the reading of the century.
But.
Now that I have those books read, I'm in dire need of new book recommendations. I'm bored with what I have and don't want to go spend any money getting more dumb books.
Tell me your favorite reads, por favor.
*****
*****
Have a great weekend! We're gonna be eating fall food this weekend while we listen to The Prophet of our Church speak to us. It's my favorite time of year. I love hearing what God has to tell me through the voice of his servant.
I hope you all have a great weekend!
Catch ya on the flip side!
1. See The World - Gomez
2. Sweet Pea - Amos Lee
3. This Is The Future - Owl City
4. Hush If You Must - Brooke Waggoner
5. Take A Bow - Muse
6. Spring - Saint Etienne
7. In Repair (acoustic) - John Mayer
8. Headphones - Britt Nicole
9. Day Too Soon - Sia
10.Not Fair - Lily Allen
Bonus: Sweetest Thing - U2

















