Random randomness and then some tunes
Friday, October 23, 2009
When I was born I was so surprised I didn't talk for a year and a half. -Gracie Allen (1906 - 1964)
1. True Colors - Cyndi Lauper
2. I've Got A Feeling - Black Eyed Peas
3. Just Another Day - Oingo Boingo
4. Crazier - The Pale Fountain
5. Strength - Alarm
6. Sweet Pea - Amos Lee
7. Don't Wanna Be Like That - Joe Jackson
8. Beautiful Calm Driving - Sia
9. Die Alone - Ingrid Michaelson
10. Photograph - Def Leppard
Bonus: You Get What You Give - New Radicals

Moxie has started talking, and it's hilarious. When she's mad, she will yell "MOMMY" then proceed to speak Moxie-ese. Cracks us all up, which in turn makes her more mad. She has words and phrases she uses and it melts my heart whenever I hear her jibber-jabbering away.
Just for posterity's sake, I need to immortalize the words she uses right now, at eighteen months. (and now that I'm trying to think of them, I can't. I'll just be adding to this as I remember)
Tank-ooo - Thank you
S'go - Lets go
Daddy
Ya-ya - Thing 3 (for reals. That's what she calls her. isn't that the BEST nickname?)
Boppy - binky
side - Outside
S'dat - who's that
narney - barney
NO
Yeah
uh-huh
Kay
*****
Facebook is mocking me. I know they are. They are sitting in their little facebook room, watching me try to log on. Watching me growl when it tells me "down for temporary site maintenance". Watching me utter a few curse words when it says "your profile is temporarily unavailable. retry in a few minutes." Watching my head spin when I still can't log in.
Then, when I finally do log in there they are, watching me freakout because it tells me I have a big fat ZERO friends. Yet people are still able to comment on my stuff. But I can't comment on my stuff cause I'm not authorized. I can't chat cause I'm not authorized. I can't look at any of the people commenting on my profile cause I'm not authorized and I can't update my profile, cause I'm not authorized.
Well, authorize this facebook.
Seriously. It's making my blood pressure sky-rocket, which is totally stupid. I don't get what the heck is going on.
Stop taunting me Facebook. Seriously. If I have to listen to Thing 1 scream because all three of the computers are "freaking broken" I'm going to scream.
Get it together Facebook, get it together!
*****
I have been in picture heaven this past week. Everything around me is full of rich, deep fall colors. I have been getting some amazing shots this week, and can't wait to post them.
This time of year is my absolute FAVORITE time of year. I love seeing the colors, and the changes. I love the crisp morning air, and breezy afternoons. I love that I can have my windows open and the freshness it gives my house.
When I was a missionary for my church, I served in Central Washington--the heart of Apple Country. My last area was Chelan Washington. It was the coolest place... they had a boat dock at the church (which was right on the Lake) and some of the members took their boat to church because that was faster than driving around the entire lake. Cool huh?
I was sent there in October and I fell in love. The apples were done being harvested, the migrant workers were moving on and the rich colors of gold and red were everywhere. I would have been happy to just wander around all the orchards taking photos.
Chelan is on this amazing lake, so not only did you have the rich fall colors, but in the mornings, you would see steam rising off the Lake. It was some of the most beautiful scenery I have ever seen. Someday, I would really like to take my family back there to see where I lived.
Fall.
I really do wish it could be like this all the time.
*****
When I was a missionary, I remember vividly this one particular morning... like it happened only yesterday. On that morning, I remember looking out my window (which faced an enormous orchard) and I saw this man and woman walking with their dogs. They had a boxer, an old English sheep dog, a golden retriever, a Scottish terrier and some other dog that I didn't know the breed. I watched them for some time, the dogs and this couple. I found myself thinking that's what I want when I'm old. An orchard. A companion and lots of dogs.
I've got the boxer.
I'm not a farmer in the least. I have no idea what I would do with an apple orchard, but I want one. BAD. It really is one of my secret dreams.
Not some little silly one in my backyard, but the real deal apple orchard. One where the migrant workers have their shacks in and come yearly to pick my apples. One where I actually have someone clamoring for my apples and a local apple warehouse.
Yes, It's true.
I want to be an apple farmer and have 5 dogs. And, in the fall I want to walk with Jefe through the orchard on a Saturday morning, with the dogs. I want to smell the smoke from the neighbors burning their rubbish, and see my dogs playing in the leaves. I want to hear the distant humm of a chain saw, and the laughing of children running through the orchard playing in the leaves. I want to hear the din of Spanish being spoken by the workers who are packing up to move on to the next crop to harvest. That's what I want. My life to be this... a permanent type of Chelan Fall.
I wonder if I can buy that kind of life on Ebay?
*****
I think my kids may be a little "slow" (in an effort to be more PC). Why? Because every freaking time I get on the telephone, they think that's the time to start telling me about their day. Or ask me "important 'things' ". Seriously. I was on a pretty important phone call yesterday, and my girls were acting like the spawn of Satan. I know the woman on the other end of the phone was thinking What the crap? Her kids are younger than mine, and yet I never heard from them once. My kids? I was constantly having to shoo them away. Hide in the bathroom. Pull them off from fighting with one another.
Spawn of Satan I tell you.
Which made me think... Does that mean I'm Satan's Whore?
*****
So many people have been talking about the Sookie Stackhouse books by Charlaine Harris. I have to admit, I was a little skittish because they've made the books into an HBO series... and from what I've heard (cause I don't do HBO) is its nasty. Nasty vampires.
My other hangup was the fact that I really hated the whole Twilight saga. Ugh. Edward grosses me out... and Bella. Don't even get me started on Bella. She's a weak, mindless girl. I hated how it was written for teens, yet grown, middle-aged women were fawning over Edward. There were Team-Edward and Team-Jacob shirts even.
If grown middle-aged men were fawning over a female character in a book like the women who read the twilight books I think that without hesitation, women would have no problem calling the men "dirty old men." So, what's the difference? Why can women do it, but not men? Why the double standard?
Anyway. Sookie Stackhouse.
I am surprised to admit that I like them. They're not a book I would recommend reading in your book club with all the members of your church congregation. But, if you want mindless fluff? Give the series a whirl.
*****
We are heading to the mountains for a little R&R. It should be nice. I have downloaded about 10 instant scrapbook kits that are already made (about 8 pages each)... and I intend to do a scrapbook for Thing 3--or Ya Ya as Moxie calls her. I want to give it to her for Christmas, since she only has 1 page done. That's my plan.
Once I get hers done, I plan on using the premade templates to make Moxie a book for her 2nd birthday. Can you believe that? She's going to be two.
Sigh. Makes me sad.
*****
Have a grand weekend. I know I will! Did you post your random thoughts? Link up so we can read yours and see what you're listening to!
Just for posterity's sake, I need to immortalize the words she uses right now, at eighteen months. (and now that I'm trying to think of them, I can't. I'll just be adding to this as I remember)
Tank-ooo - Thank you
S'go - Lets go
Daddy
Ya-ya - Thing 3 (for reals. That's what she calls her. isn't that the BEST nickname?)
Boppy - binky
side - Outside
S'dat - who's that
narney - barney
NO
Yeah
uh-huh
Kay
*****
Facebook is mocking me. I know they are. They are sitting in their little facebook room, watching me try to log on. Watching me growl when it tells me "down for temporary site maintenance". Watching me utter a few curse words when it says "your profile is temporarily unavailable. retry in a few minutes." Watching my head spin when I still can't log in.
Then, when I finally do log in there they are, watching me freakout because it tells me I have a big fat ZERO friends. Yet people are still able to comment on my stuff. But I can't comment on my stuff cause I'm not authorized. I can't chat cause I'm not authorized. I can't look at any of the people commenting on my profile cause I'm not authorized and I can't update my profile, cause I'm not authorized.
Well, authorize this facebook.
Seriously. It's making my blood pressure sky-rocket, which is totally stupid. I don't get what the heck is going on.
Stop taunting me Facebook. Seriously. If I have to listen to Thing 1 scream because all three of the computers are "freaking broken" I'm going to scream.
Get it together Facebook, get it together!
*****
I have been in picture heaven this past week. Everything around me is full of rich, deep fall colors. I have been getting some amazing shots this week, and can't wait to post them.
This time of year is my absolute FAVORITE time of year. I love seeing the colors, and the changes. I love the crisp morning air, and breezy afternoons. I love that I can have my windows open and the freshness it gives my house.
When I was a missionary for my church, I served in Central Washington--the heart of Apple Country. My last area was Chelan Washington. It was the coolest place... they had a boat dock at the church (which was right on the Lake) and some of the members took their boat to church because that was faster than driving around the entire lake. Cool huh?
I was sent there in October and I fell in love. The apples were done being harvested, the migrant workers were moving on and the rich colors of gold and red were everywhere. I would have been happy to just wander around all the orchards taking photos.
Chelan is on this amazing lake, so not only did you have the rich fall colors, but in the mornings, you would see steam rising off the Lake. It was some of the most beautiful scenery I have ever seen. Someday, I would really like to take my family back there to see where I lived.
Fall.
I really do wish it could be like this all the time.
*****
When I was a missionary, I remember vividly this one particular morning... like it happened only yesterday. On that morning, I remember looking out my window (which faced an enormous orchard) and I saw this man and woman walking with their dogs. They had a boxer, an old English sheep dog, a golden retriever, a Scottish terrier and some other dog that I didn't know the breed. I watched them for some time, the dogs and this couple. I found myself thinking that's what I want when I'm old. An orchard. A companion and lots of dogs.
I've got the boxer.
I'm not a farmer in the least. I have no idea what I would do with an apple orchard, but I want one. BAD. It really is one of my secret dreams.
Not some little silly one in my backyard, but the real deal apple orchard. One where the migrant workers have their shacks in and come yearly to pick my apples. One where I actually have someone clamoring for my apples and a local apple warehouse.
Yes, It's true.
I want to be an apple farmer and have 5 dogs. And, in the fall I want to walk with Jefe through the orchard on a Saturday morning, with the dogs. I want to smell the smoke from the neighbors burning their rubbish, and see my dogs playing in the leaves. I want to hear the distant humm of a chain saw, and the laughing of children running through the orchard playing in the leaves. I want to hear the din of Spanish being spoken by the workers who are packing up to move on to the next crop to harvest. That's what I want. My life to be this... a permanent type of Chelan Fall.
I wonder if I can buy that kind of life on Ebay?
*****
I think my kids may be a little "slow" (in an effort to be more PC). Why? Because every freaking time I get on the telephone, they think that's the time to start telling me about their day. Or ask me "important 'things' ". Seriously. I was on a pretty important phone call yesterday, and my girls were acting like the spawn of Satan. I know the woman on the other end of the phone was thinking What the crap? Her kids are younger than mine, and yet I never heard from them once. My kids? I was constantly having to shoo them away. Hide in the bathroom. Pull them off from fighting with one another.
Spawn of Satan I tell you.
Which made me think... Does that mean I'm Satan's Whore?
*****
So many people have been talking about the Sookie Stackhouse books by Charlaine Harris. I have to admit, I was a little skittish because they've made the books into an HBO series... and from what I've heard (cause I don't do HBO) is its nasty. Nasty vampires.
My other hangup was the fact that I really hated the whole Twilight saga. Ugh. Edward grosses me out... and Bella. Don't even get me started on Bella. She's a weak, mindless girl. I hated how it was written for teens, yet grown, middle-aged women were fawning over Edward. There were Team-Edward and Team-Jacob shirts even.
If grown middle-aged men were fawning over a female character in a book like the women who read the twilight books I think that without hesitation, women would have no problem calling the men "dirty old men." So, what's the difference? Why can women do it, but not men? Why the double standard?
Anyway. Sookie Stackhouse.
I am surprised to admit that I like them. They're not a book I would recommend reading in your book club with all the members of your church congregation. But, if you want mindless fluff? Give the series a whirl.
*****
We are heading to the mountains for a little R&R. It should be nice. I have downloaded about 10 instant scrapbook kits that are already made (about 8 pages each)... and I intend to do a scrapbook for Thing 3--or Ya Ya as Moxie calls her. I want to give it to her for Christmas, since she only has 1 page done. That's my plan.
Once I get hers done, I plan on using the premade templates to make Moxie a book for her 2nd birthday. Can you believe that? She's going to be two.
Sigh. Makes me sad.
*****
Have a grand weekend. I know I will! Did you post your random thoughts? Link up so we can read yours and see what you're listening to!
Catch ya on the flip side!
1. True Colors - Cyndi Lauper
2. I've Got A Feeling - Black Eyed Peas
3. Just Another Day - Oingo Boingo
4. Crazier - The Pale Fountain
5. Strength - Alarm
6. Sweet Pea - Amos Lee
7. Don't Wanna Be Like That - Joe Jackson
8. Beautiful Calm Driving - Sia
9. Die Alone - Ingrid Michaelson
10. Photograph - Def Leppard
Bonus: You Get What You Give - New Radicals

















