Gratitude #15
Thursday, November 15, 2007
Thing 2 got his Wolf badge tonight. He was soo excited. He passed every single Achievement off. Even the ones that weren't required. Then, he only had 3 Electives that he did not do. THREE. I was impressed with his excitement towards the program... but then one of the scout masters pointed out that one of the badges that he earned is REALLY hard to earn, and that specific badge requires a lot of work. Huh. I didn't know that. I guess never having any brothers, and not really knowing anything about scouting made us naive. I really didn't understand the whole program. So, we just plugged away on it. I thought he had to pass EVERYTHING off in his book. Apparently that is not the case... He has earned a total of 1 gold arrow and 7 silver arrows. When they announced that everyone in the audience sortof gasped and I heard many "Wow's." Is that not normal? He just did what he thought was expected of him. I think that I won't correct him... then he will be more extraordinary than he already is!!
So, tonight I am thankful for Thing 2 and his love of the scouting program.
He has finished the Bear stuff twice already. Jefe is the Bear leader; has been for 2 years and has let Thing 2 attend with him... So, if he wanted to, he could move up to the next level... if they didn't have that dumb age rule. I hope this continues on into the Boy Scout program... it will help to keep him out of trouble, and keep him focused on what's important!
So, tonight I am thankful for Thing 2 and his love of the scouting program.
He has finished the Bear stuff twice already. Jefe is the Bear leader; has been for 2 years and has let Thing 2 attend with him... So, if he wanted to, he could move up to the next level... if they didn't have that dumb age rule. I hope this continues on into the Boy Scout program... it will help to keep him out of trouble, and keep him focused on what's important!

















