Gratitude #27

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

My cousin's husband works with Jefe and I have known her husband since high school. They just hit their 1 year mark of being out of law school. Oh. I remember. Boy. Do I remember. I have to say that I hope I NEVER forget. The whole law school experience is what has made me who I am today. Without a doubt. It is a life changing event... If you do it on your own without parents footing the bill!
She was a grade younger than me in school, but we were always pals. The nice thing was that we all had our own friends, but if we needed each other, we were there for each other. It was a nice way to go through school. It has been wonderful to reconnect with her. Even nicer to have someone who completely gets what it means to have a husband with the demanding career that they both have. I am not complaining AT ALL. I am so proud of Jefe and the things he has accomplished. He amazes me, constantly. I just like having someone to talk to about "the firm" and all that - that means. And, not only that, but its nice to be able to talk with someone who has known me for my entire life... there is no pretending involved. We can just be ourselves...There is such freedom in being able to say what we really think without worrying about it then being repeated to 900+ people in the neighborhood. Seriously. The old saying: "Blood runs thicker than water" really is true. I know she has my back... and I've got hers. That's what it means to be family... and its even nicer when you are also friends.
Anyway.
I am thankful today that I have been able to reconnect with my cousin!


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes