Month of Gratitude
Tuesday, November 06, 2007
Ok. I am totally going to let you see the naughty side of me now. The side that I try oh so very hard to hide from everyone... but it usually doesn't last. Me. Naughty. Totally.
I am soo thankful today for drugs. Really. Drugs. The good stuff. (not that I got to have any of the 'good stuff' today, but none the less, the good stuff) . How on earth did people survive without drugs? I mean seriously people. HOW?
Why am I thankful for drugs?( One time I hurt my back really bad, and I had to take "THE GOOD STUFF". I had to go meet with our Stake President to get a new calling, and he was really concerned about me having to have to sit for 2 hours straight during conference to get "voted" in, and then to have to sit some more while I waiting to be set apart... I laughed, waved my hand and said. Hey! No biggie! I have good drugs that I'm on! Jefe cringed and told me I HAD to stop saying that to everyone I met, cause I was starting to sound like a junkie. Really? Me? A junkie? Huh. Anyway.... I digress... )
Let me tell you why I am thankful for drugs. I hate the dentist! Really. I do. Any Dentist. I don't care how Hot you are or if you have just won the Nobel Peace Prize of Niceness... I just really have issues with Dentists! I am sure it stems from the scary dentist that my parents made me go to as a child that reminded me of some sleazy porn star (sorry folks, but its true!). I have Dentist issues, and I HAD TO GO VISIT ONE TODAY. O.K. There it is. The source of my naughtiness... That is why I am soo very thankful for drugs. Can you imagine having to get a cavity filled and NOT having any good drugs? Not only to make you not feel anything, but then to take afterwards when you get the feeling back in your face and realize they must have used a JACK HAMMER to give you the 1,900 shots they gave you. Seriously! Drugs people.
This is what I tell my friends who are anti-drugs: (especially during child birth, which is unfathomable to me, but whatever)
Drugs are good. Drugs are our friends. GOD made drugs for us to use, and we would not be using God's gift to us if we did not use them... ESPECIALLY when someone is going to be digging around in your mouth. Or you're having a baby. Whichever.
So, today, for my Month of Gratitude, I am thankful for drugs. The good stuff, like oh. I don't know. Maybe Tylenol. Yeah. Tylenol is good enough for me!
I am soo thankful today for drugs. Really. Drugs. The good stuff. (not that I got to have any of the 'good stuff' today, but none the less, the good stuff) . How on earth did people survive without drugs? I mean seriously people. HOW?
Why am I thankful for drugs?( One time I hurt my back really bad, and I had to take "THE GOOD STUFF". I had to go meet with our Stake President to get a new calling, and he was really concerned about me having to have to sit for 2 hours straight during conference to get "voted" in, and then to have to sit some more while I waiting to be set apart... I laughed, waved my hand and said. Hey! No biggie! I have good drugs that I'm on! Jefe cringed and told me I HAD to stop saying that to everyone I met, cause I was starting to sound like a junkie. Really? Me? A junkie? Huh. Anyway.... I digress... )
Let me tell you why I am thankful for drugs. I hate the dentist! Really. I do. Any Dentist. I don't care how Hot you are or if you have just won the Nobel Peace Prize of Niceness... I just really have issues with Dentists! I am sure it stems from the scary dentist that my parents made me go to as a child that reminded me of some sleazy porn star (sorry folks, but its true!). I have Dentist issues, and I HAD TO GO VISIT ONE TODAY. O.K. There it is. The source of my naughtiness... That is why I am soo very thankful for drugs. Can you imagine having to get a cavity filled and NOT having any good drugs? Not only to make you not feel anything, but then to take afterwards when you get the feeling back in your face and realize they must have used a JACK HAMMER to give you the 1,900 shots they gave you. Seriously! Drugs people.
This is what I tell my friends who are anti-drugs: (especially during child birth, which is unfathomable to me, but whatever)
Drugs are good. Drugs are our friends. GOD made drugs for us to use, and we would not be using God's gift to us if we did not use them... ESPECIALLY when someone is going to be digging around in your mouth. Or you're having a baby. Whichever.
So, today, for my Month of Gratitude, I am thankful for drugs. The good stuff, like oh. I don't know. Maybe Tylenol. Yeah. Tylenol is good enough for me!

















