American Idol

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

When I heard that it was Andrew Lloyd Webber week, I'll be honest, I cringed. Now, before the stoning begins, let me offer up my defense. I love Andrew Lloyd Webber... but really. He is SO 15 years ago. There are a plethora of other Broadway composers that they could've chosen to do a "Broadway" show. I liked Phantom, but there are so many other shows that kick Phantoms butt. Really. They could have just had a Broadway night, and let the contestants choose from all the incredible choices available!

For instance we could start with the obvious of Wicked, Rent, Mama Mia, Avenue Q, Jersey Boys, Grease, Hair Spray, The Wedding Singer, Legally Blonde (hilarious!), Shrek, Spamalot... But what about Big River, Sweeney Todd, The Producers, Joseph's Technicolor Dreamcoat, Dreamgirls, Once on this Island, or The Secret Garden (where my son's name comes from!),
Movin' Out, Boy From Oz (!), Assassins, The Drowsy Chaperon... should I keep going, or have I made my point? Andrew Lloyd Webber is great! But, he is so yesterday!
(OK. Let the stoning begin!)
Anyway. Here are my favorites...



Good Grief! I totally LOVED what he did with this song! He completely rocked the house. I got little goose bump chills when he started to sing. I wouldn't mind him singing ME to sleep every night! I've said it ump-teen times, but really his voice is like Butta!
I would really like to get the entire song for my mp3 player!



Great! Balls! of Fire!
Carly was ON fire tonight! I usually don't like her either, but she was outstanding! Thing 3 kept telling me, "this is my favorite Mama! I like this one the bestest!" Again, she could totally kick it in a Musical. She has my vote!



I usually don't like her. In the past, when I have listened to her, it was like Karaoke Hell. But, this song style is HER! No matter what, she will be a hit on Broadway! She was fun to watch, and I could tell she was really enjoying herself!

Now. That being said. My man-- my boy, David Cook. I wasn't lovin' him. He disappointed me. He hit the notes, dead on, but... it just wasn't doing it for me. Which is sad, cause I really dig him!

And then Brooke. Oh Brooke. Why? I really like her folky style... but I have to agree with Simon. Her song WAS uncomfortable. I actually yelled out "Oh Brooke! What did you do?" Then I promptly changed the channel, I was so nervous for her.
Same with Jason Castro. I really didn't like his performance. Uncomfortable was putting it mildly!
It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out!


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes