You've Got Mail
Friday, April 04, 2008
I took some photos of the package... and the lovely contents! I am flipping out, because my friend is SO talented! Moxie loves her new bracelet, elephant lovie, and I am excited to wear my new necklace! Thank you Michelle!
I have known Michelle since we were 4 years old. We lived just houses apart for all of our growing up years. One of my first memories of her is us having a Koolaid stand (we had to have been 4 or 5) and not having a clue how to make change! I remember Michelle running after one of our customers (Wylie) to tell him he needed to come back and drink 4 more cups of Koolaid... he had paid us with a nickel. AND, being the smart children we were, we thought that meant he needed to drink 5 cups of Koolaid! (can you believe that we only charged a penny? That would NEVER fly today. In fact, I seem to recall paying a buck for a glass of Koolaid... and it was rather small too! )
There aren't many memories of my childhood that don't include Michelle... and all the other neighborhood cronies... But, once we each got married... well. You know the drill. We lost touch with each other.
I found Michelle recently... just by doing what all us bloggers do-- clicking through everyone else's favorites on their blogs, until I stumbled onto her blog. It was exciting to actually recognize the face on the blog! We have been reconnecting, and it has been wonderful. There is something about a person who has known you for most of your life. There is obvious good and bad... (hopefully they can forget all the stupid stuff you did growing up!) but there is also comfort.
Anyway...
I got mail! Woot-woo!
AND, it is amazing stuff! Thanks for my fun package! That totally made my day!!
Now, I have to confess that I did a lot of clothing changes yesterday...(not on me... on Moxie!) Moxie has gotten so many darling outfits that I just couldn't stand it any longer... We had to play dress up. Here are some photos from our "photo shoot!"
I'd better have a come to my senses moment here soon!

















