Saturday, April 05, 2008

"The road to hell is paved with adverbs." - Stephen King

I love this quote!
Why am I up at this horrific hour you make be asking yourself? Because the next door neighbors dog has been barking. Since 6pm tonight. That is almost 6 hours straight of barking. Non stop.
Barking.
My eye has started twitching, and I have been going around muttering incoherent things to myself like: "shut up you stupid dog. there aren't even any lights on in the neighborhood you freaking dog. i hate you dumb dog." My dog is looking at me with her head cocked to the side like she is thinking "my human has gone insane." Yes crazy boxer dog. I do think I may be entering the asylum tonight. I was so enraged earlier that Jefe actually offered to go and open the neighbors gate and set the dog free. run dog run! Go chase those imaginary demons that are causing you to BARK ALL NIGHT LONG!
I acutally told him "Yes! Go do it! NOW!"
However, before you sick PETA on me, I retracted my statement (after he had started getting dressed...) I didn't want them doing that to my crazy dog. Then, I actually had the thought cross my mind to get out the kids BB guns. Not with the intent of hurting the dog... just shutting it up. I really want to sleep. Then I decided that was probably unusually cruel, so maybe I should just use my kids collection of rubber bands... and go out and shoot them all at the barking monster.
But. Alas, I am not going to do any of that. I will just sit here at my computer, with my head spinning, my eye twitching and me fuming.
Such a nice way to end a lovely day.


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes