Vent..i?

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

OK.
I need to vent her for a few minutes, and so for my 2 male readers out there... please beware that there will be girl parts mentioned in this post. So. If that makes you nervous, and the hair stand up on the back of your neck, you may want to skip this post.
Alrighty then.
Now that we have that out of the way...

Boobs.
Seriously people I have to vent about my boobs. They could seriously be considered a torture device. No. I am not kidding. My boobs hurt. All the time. I totally get that this is because I have a newborn that is trying very hard not only to figure out the whole nursing thing, but who very well may be sucking the marrow of life right out of me. Really. But, beyond THAT, my boobs just plain hurt. AND when did it become the new "fashion statement" to have your boobs hanging down past your navel? I mean, with every single baby I have had, my boobs have gotten bigger and bigger. (I have been told that it would actually be the opposite direction. I was VERY worried with Thing 1... but. That worry was in vain. It has actually gone the other way with me!)
If I were to be honest with all of internetdom, I would confess that I was so small when we got married, I actually had to stuff my wedding dress to keep the dang thing up.
Yes. I. Did.
I totally stuffed my wedding dress. I know. Imagine Jefe's surprise. (he just shook his head as he realized the roller coaster ride he had just signed up for!)
Anyway.
I bought myself some very nice nursing bras before Moxie was born. Just because I'm prepared like that! (ha!) I have big boobs, (my cousin who i hadn't seen in several years acutally asked me if I had gotten a boob job... i was THAT small... and now THAT big... sheesh!) so I have to go for the unattractive, Grandma Bras... they offer the most support. I can't find ones at Victoria Secret that give my girls the same lift as the plain old 18 hour platex ones do. Anyway. I couldn't figure out WHY my girls were hurting so bad, until I didn't do up the nursing portion... and it suddenly dawned on me... this bra is TOO SMALL.
Now.
I had a devil of a time finding those 2 bras... I literally went to 10 stores! No exaggeration there. I called half a dozen more too. It was ridiculous. I was dying when I realized that I needed a bigger one... that meant I couldn't go to Marshall Fields, or Nordstrom's, or even Mervyn's. I would have to go to a specialty store. You know the ones. For "big girls".
Here is my quandary... I went to said "big girl" store, and I am a G cup. (did you know they make them that big?) I paid 50+ buckeroos PER BRA... and girls are still sagging. I hate that feeling!
So. Boobs.
Not only do mine sag now, AND hurt... But, its cold outside. I usually don't notice the cold in my boobs... but now that I am nursing and the marrow of life is leaving my body... I notice the cold. And, said cold makes my boobs hurt worse. I know. It's kind of like that silly girl on "Mean Girls" that can tell the weather is changing by her boobs... Yeah. Thats me now.

So. Boobs.
Eh.
Does anyone else have boob issues, or is just me? (if that is the case, then sign the papers, cause I'm certifiable!)


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes