My Favorite Things

Thursday, April 10, 2008

It's not often that I have a list of favorite things. Really. I am a simple person. I *HATE* hate hate shopping. I find it boring and I just really hate it. I think, secretly, it drives Jefe nuts cause I just don't go out and buy new clothes. Well. That is until I have NOTHING to wear. He is always complaining that I need to just go buy what I need when I need it. Rather than waiting until I'm in crisis mode cause I have no clothes, or underwear, or makeup or whatever.
Anyway.
I have a list of favorite things that I want to share. They are my newest finds... and if you are a blogger like me, or take pictures or use the computer for any amount of time... you will LOVE my new favs. I promise!


Starbucks steamers
More specifically Vanilla Almond Steamers. Holy Cannoli Batman! This is a seriously wondrous treat! (its just furiously fast whipped milk with any flavor you want in it!)
I can see why so many people go to Starbucks every day to get their Mocha cream venti latte. Seriously. I also LOVE Barnes & Nobles Godiva Hot Chocolate.
Oh Man.
If you are in need of a hot treat... a steamer or Godiva Hot Chocolate will send you to another world.
REALLY.
It's that good!

Finetune.com
Holy cow! I am loving this website. Just because I am a freaker about music, and this site is wicked awesome. You can type in an artist, it will play that artist, and then play others like it. I actually like this site better than pandora.com, because you can create your play lists, and put them on your blog. I find this site easier to navigate than projectplaylist.com too. It's my new favorite music listening site! Give it a try, and see what you think!

Picknik.com
I love to take photos, but I am not savvy in Photoshop. It's on my list of things to learn, but seriously... I just don't have the time right now. I wanted a simple photo editing tool that I could use, and this website seems to be it. I found it through a blog that I read, and I have to say that I am 100% impressed. Picnik is easy to use, and a quick learn! They have the cropping tools that I have been craving, and the black & white tools too. I am TOTALLY digging this site... its awesome! I have been having a blast messing around with my photos. I think I see how I will be spending my free time from now on (ha. what free time?)

Check this out I went from this photo:

To this photo, and it was as simple as point and click. Really.

Then I did this to the photo.. all I had to do was click on the black & white button.

Then we got a little more jiggy with the photo by clicking the sepia button.

And we ended up with this. And that all took me about 5 minutes. Really. It's that easy!

This site has so many editing options, that I think you can easily do to your photos whatever it is that you want. Now mind you, it is NOT a Photoshop elements, so don't be disappointed. But, for those of us (ME!!) who do not know how to use photoshop, this new little find is perfect!!

Vampire Weekend
My sister has this band as a ring tone on her cell phone. She told me about them, and that she had heard it on NPR... so I did a little homework, and man oh man. They are awesome! They are new, and I like that kind of music! Check out THIS site, and THIS one for a good sampling. (I was trying to embed their video, but it is not cooperating... maybe later?!)

Yael Naim - New Soul


Seriously... Need I say more? I totally dig this song. It is a happy song, and makes me just be-bop around whenever I hear it!
I want a new soul... don't you?

Lastly, this is how I want my hair cut next week... I think. I LOVE Kristen Chenoweth, and I love her new haircut (from Pushing Daisies -- this show is awesome! You should totally watch!). I totally wish that getting her haircut would make me BE her... sigh. But, I do think I want my hair like this (sans the knife, of course!)... as long as it only takes 15 minutes or less (OK Harmoni??)

Or Victoria Beckhams... I dunno. What do you think?

Kristen Chenoweth - Olive on Pushing Daisies

Victoria Beckham


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes