My phobia

Saturday, April 26, 2008

I have a major phobia. Its real and causes me great angst. I get panic attacks when I think about my phobia. When I hear certain sounds that remind me of my phobia or smell certain smells... Well. Lets just say its not pretty.

I hate dentists. Really, really hate them. Despise them... LOATHE them. I actually cry when I have to go have a cavity filled.
Yes. I. Do.
I cry when the Dentist has to fill my cavities. I am a grown 36 year old woman who cries when the Dentist starts working in her mouth.

Now, if you are a dentist or know a dentist, realize that its not you PERSONALLY that I hate. I just hate having them in my mouth. MY MOUTH people. That is one of the most sensitive areas on our body, and sometimes they go drilling around in there like they are working at a rock quarry.
So, imagine my HORROR as I am reading today's morning paper and see this:

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
As I was reading the article, and noticed the photo, I did a horrified double take and uttered a rather loud "No! Freaking! Way!"
As if I didn't already have enough ammunition for the Crazylady... now this??!

MY DENTIST has been arrested? The dentist that not only has drilled in my mouth, but the mouths of my children... arrested? The Dentist that has played with my children and has given shots to my children and pain medication to me??
ARRESTED?
The same dentist that wanted to pull out 5 of my teeth and put a bridge in? (and the 2, count them TWO second opinions I got told me he was off his rocker... I didn't get them pulled. But, did I continue going to him? yes. Am I retarded? Yes. I am now slamming my head against the wall...)

Was there a lesson learned??
Absolutely! Trust your instincts! (I had a weird feeling there... I just didn't acknowledge it).
So, Yeah.
I will be changing Dentists.
Pronto.


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes