All night parties

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

For the first time in 3 months, Moxie got up at 2:30am. She hasn't done that since she was 6 weeks old.

Yes, I do know how lucky I am.

I was awakened with her "talking" and every so often a little squeal as if to say "Hey! I'm awake over here. Lets play!"
No crying.
No screaming.
Just happiness.
All the time from her is happiness. She so rarely cries, that when she does we know she means business. She is such a peaceful, contented child.

I nursed her a little -- giving her a snack, and then she was bright eyed and wide awake. We had an early morning party, and it was sheer bliss. We played and laughed in those early, quiet hours. It was so peaceful. We walked outside and looked at all the stars. There was no moon, so the stars were bright and plentiful.

I showed her the big dipper and the north star. I talked with her about how if she were lost, she could find her way with that star. I showed her the brightest star and told her it wasn't a star at all, but Venus, a planet. I told her people would want to tell her she was from Venus... but it wasn't true. We are all different... and thats what makes the world such a glorious place!

It was wonderful! This middle of the night party with Moxie. I held her, snuggled her and just enjoyed her.

Depression has always been a very real thing for me. Something that I face on a rather regular basis. As I reflected on where I have been, and where I am now... Ho boy. I've come a long way baby. Moxie has been my breath of fresh air. She has been my ray of sunshine into my dark place. Her "real name" actually means paradise, happiness, perfect bliss. That, my friends, is the perfect description of our Miss Moxie.

Our middle of the night party ended with me wiping away the tears of gratitude for this little miracle that God sent my way.

And that middle of the night party? Yeah. I hope we get to do it again tomorrow.


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes