Random 10 Friday

Friday, August 29, 2008

I don't own a cell phone or a pager. I just hang around everyone I know, all the time. If someone wants to get a hold of me, they just say 'Mitch,' and I say 'what?' and turn my head slightly.
- Mitch Hedberg


****************************************************

Have you ever seen Mitch Hedberg? He is one of the few comedians that make me snort. Right out loud. See? Right there... I snorted right out loud on his donut bit...His routine is basically just one liners, and I find them hilarious! They are brilliant, and I find myself thinking "why didn't I think of that..."
It was a sad day when he died.

*****************************************************

Thing 3 loves her sister Moxie.
A lot.
She loves on her constantly... not realizing that if you lay on the baby it will squish the baby.
Or that Moxie is not a doll and doesn't like to be tossed on the couch, or bounced on her knee.
Nor does Moxie like to be drug all over the carpet by her feet. It will hurt and Moxie will cry-- very loudly if you do that. Then Moxie will look like an abused child with a giant rug burn on the back of her head.

Not that this happened or anything. I'm just making an observation.

*****************************************************
I am undecided when it comes to who I will vote for. The people that I liked dropped out. I was surprised with McCains choice yesterday. Sarah Palin- Governor of Alaska. The girl in me is jumping for joy that she was picked, however, I know absolutely nothing about her. I'll be honest both presidential canidates bug me. I voted for Obama when he ran for Senate in Illinois... but now? I dunno. Our choices -- Obama/Biden OR McCain/Palin.
I just don't know.
*****************************************************

While we are on the topic of Thing 3-- she has been bored out of her mind this week. Everyone is off at school and she is still here.
For 1 more week.
I have never had a child in kindergarten in this school and apparently the Kindergartners start the 2nd week of school.
I did not know this. (I would have saved all those tears for another day! sheesh!)

Why? Why would they do this?

To torture their parents with incessant whining about "when will my friends be home and why can't I get on the bus yet".

I have been trying to maintain my sweet, nostalgic feelings about my little buddy heading off to school... but seriously. Making kindergartners wait another whole week is absurd!

To counteract her boredom, I gave her one of my old point and shoot digital cameras that were just collecting dust. I charged the batteries and gave her an empty memory card and set her loose in the house and yard. She has had a blast taking pictures and shooting videos. There have been lots of rear end shots of me, and the dog. (which I will happily spare you) But, as I was clicking through some of the photos she took, they were good. Five year old good-- but good none the less.

This kid has an eye for composition. It's basic, but its there. I'm seeing a camera of her own in her future.
*********************************************************
So. There it is. Random 10 Friday. Whatcha listening to? Anything good?
Have a glorious Fall weekend!
Its going to be grand. I can feel it!


1. Jacob - Jackopierce
2. Over You - Daughtry
3. I Want You To Want Me - Chris Isaak
4. I Don't Want To Be - Gavin DeGraw
5. Common Pleasures (live) - Jason Mraz
6. Romeo & Juliet - Dire Straits
7. I'm Gonna Find Another You (Acoustic) - John Mayer
8. Hand To Hold On To - John Mellencamp
9. In My Place (live) - Coldplay
10. Life Is A Highway - Chris LeDoux

Bonus: Ants Marching (Live) - Dave Matthews Band


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes