I do believe I out ordered you today!
Monday, August 18, 2008
As a last hurrah! before school starts, I took Thing 1 to eat at The Cheesecake Factory. I hadn't eaten there since living in Chicago. I used to make the pilgrimage downtown to partake of the sweet goodness that is The Cheesecake Factory (insert deep, echoing man voice here) quite regularly. I have been known to drag my children down there to eat... Just the 3 of us when Jefe was working.
I have a thing for eating out. I think its quite interesting actually. When I was younger, I used to starve myself. Now, I stuff myself. I have an unhealthy relationship with food. Its true.
Everything always tastes better when someone else makes it. When you are the Mom (read:cook, waitress and busboy) the only way to get that "good meal" is to go out.
Anyway.
I like to eat out.
A lot.
And I do.
A lot.
I find myself really agonizing over my meal selection when I go to a nice restaurant. What if this were it? My last meal? What would I want it to be? The chicken, steak or specialty salad? I have a very difficult time choosing, and find myself irritated when people out order me!
I know. I am sick and in need of therapy.
But, I do believe that today's eating adventure satisfied the Crazy lady in me.
For the price of what it would cost me to fill my van up with gas (read:$86.00)...
(Gasp! I know. I freaked out too. Big time! Jefe was all Good Grief! Was it gold plated food??!)
That there meal of mine?
It was oh. so. good.
I have a thing for eating out. I think its quite interesting actually. When I was younger, I used to starve myself. Now, I stuff myself. I have an unhealthy relationship with food. Its true.
Everything always tastes better when someone else makes it. When you are the Mom (read:cook, waitress and busboy) the only way to get that "good meal" is to go out.
Anyway.
I like to eat out.
A lot.
And I do.
A lot.
I find myself really agonizing over my meal selection when I go to a nice restaurant. What if this were it? My last meal? What would I want it to be? The chicken, steak or specialty salad? I have a very difficult time choosing, and find myself irritated when people out order me!
I know. I am sick and in need of therapy.
But, I do believe that today's eating adventure satisfied the Crazy lady in me.
For the price of what it would cost me to fill my van up with gas (read:$86.00)...
(Gasp! I know. I freaked out too. Big time! Jefe was all Good Grief! Was it gold plated food??!)
That there meal of mine?
It was oh. so. good.


















